+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada post delays in Toronto area

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
Hey all,

Anyone facing canadapost delays in Toronto area like me. My PR card was mailed on 23rd Nov 2020 but not recieved it yet.
I am in the Don mills area.

Not sure what to do next as IRCC just tells me they cannot do anything for 6 weeks. Even aftet that I need to reapply and they will issue a new card which may take same time as the old one. I applied for this in June and it took 6 months to process and is now delayed by Canada post.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey all,

Anyone facing canadapost delays in Toronto area like me. My PR card was mailed on 23rd Nov 2020 but not recieved it yet.
I am in the Don mills area.

Not sure what to do next as IRCC just tells me they cannot do anything for 6 weeks. Even aftet that I need to reapply and they will issue a new card which may take same time as the old one. I applied for this in June and it took 6 months to process and is now delayed by Canada post.
Of course there are delays when it comes to Canadapost. There were delays due to covid but the normal delays due to Christmas have only increased due to the volume of shipping because of covid. Unfortunately not much you can do for 6 weeks so hopefully your card shows up before then.

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
Of course there are delays when it comes to Canadapost. There were delays due to covid but the normal delays due to Christmas have only increased due to the volume of shipping because of covid. Unfortunately not much you can do for 6 weeks so hopefully your card shows up before then.
Thanks. Just trying to see if this is affecting others in my area as well. Canadapost does mention the delay thing on their website but i have already heard from three different people who got their card in less than 6 days. These guys are in Vancouver and Ottawa. I am already past the three week mark, getting tensed as I need to take a flight soon, already rescheduled once.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks. Just trying to see if this is affecting others in my area as well. Canadapost does mention the delay thing on their website but i have already heard from three different people who got their card in less than 6 days. These guys are in Vancouver and Ottawa. I am already past the three week mark, getting tensed as I need to take a flight soon, already rescheduled once.
You don't need PR card in order travel out of Canada. Before you get the return flights, tell someone who lives in the address to forward the PR card to you. Otherwise get a PRTD.

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
You don't need PR card in order travel out of Canada. Before you get the return flights, tell someone who lives in the address to forward the PR card to you. Otherwise get a PRTD.
I have both cases. I will fly out and come back in 3-4 weeks, will be accompanied by my wife who needs PRTD to return, unfortunately she applied for PRTD mid October through email in India with no reponse yet so not relying on PRTD for me. I might have to come back alone.

Keeping my fingers crossed now cos waiting for six months for the card and now witing for 6 weeks on Canada post is just so much to take.

I appreciate the suggestion and help though thanks.