lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
voided
LANDED..........
april the 4th 2009
Hi another question:
I entered canada as a visitor and stayed almost 6 months, then left and re-enter Canada and stayed again not even 6 months. Does it mean I need a police clearance from Canada too? I thought it is only if you have been for 6 months or more consecutively

DutchMan

Mar 12, 2008
I was in Canada for over 7 months, but with gaps. I was asked to send my fingerprints to RCMP to be checked.
I do not think you can do it upfront, because you have to mention your CIC filenumber and processing embassy. RCMP send results directly to the processing embassy.

thefairy

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
voided
LANDED..........
april the 4th 2009
Thanks. So I understand you didnt stay in Canada for those 7 months straight but entered and re-entered right? In what part of the application processing did they ask you for the fingerprints? even if i entered as a visitor each time and stayed less of 6 months each time, will i need this?

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
If it helps, my situation was that I'd been in Canada for more than six months (with legal temporary status) at the time we submitted our application, too. I was worried about the RCMP clearance, knowing it was supposed to take 120+ days to get results, but the application instructions said not to order one unless you're asked. All I could see was delays, delays, delays!

It turned out that they do an RCMP name check on you immediately after receiving your application, and if your name comes back with no "hits", you're good. If your name check does produce a "hit", they will send you a letter asking that you get a fingerprint check done. With this letter you can go to an agency like Commissionaires (and there's another that I can't think of the name of right now) and they can do a digital scan which sends results to CIC within 72 hours. Without that letter Commissionaires can only do a standard fingerprint clearance request - so the letter is important. But at least you know that, in that eventuality, it will not take 4 months to get results.

So - wait to hear from CIC and don't worry in the meantime.

DutchMan

Mar 12, 2008
I entered Canada a few times as temporary visitor, had my 3 month visa extended once. In total around 7 months, back and forth to my home country.
I was asked for my fingerprints around 2 months after the embassy started processing my file.
I did it in paper (not electronically) but the results where back at the processing embassy within 2 months, although their website says 120+ days.

Good luck and don't worry. It takes time, but if you are genuine you will get there eventually. Took me 11 months in total.

Flying to Halifax coming tuesday.

Good luck!
DutchMan

thefairy

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
voided
LANDED..........
april the 4th 2009
thank you! I hope the dont ask me for it, cause as you say its all about delays, delays , delays

eduardoF

Oct 15, 2008
if you are in canada, you can always go to the police station and submit your fingerprints electronically, on a voluntary basis. that way, when CIC looks for it, it's already there and you avoid waiting for them to communicate with you...

thefairy

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
voided
LANDED..........
april the 4th 2009
unfortunately im not in canada. I also had to request fingerprints from the FBI since I was a US resident. Im hoping ,since i didnt stay for over 6 months on each on my TRV I wont need fingerprints with RCMP, but u never know. Since Im not in Canada anymore it can tak forever.