VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Hello,

I have just called CIC. I have been told that if you have previously lived in Canada you will not require a Canadian police check as they do their own background check.

You will need to supply a police check from any country you have lived in for more than 6 months since you were 18.

limbo

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
Seems to contradict with their FAQ?

Do I need to provide a police certificate for my time in Canada?

You do not need a police certificate for your time in Canada if you are applying for permanent residence from within Canada in one of the following categories:

live-in caregiver;
humanitarian and compassionate considerations;
temporary resident permit holder;
spouse or common-law partner; or
protected person or Convention refugee.
If you are applying under any other category or from outside of Canada, you may be requested to submit a Canadian police certificate for your time in Canada.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
kryt0n said:
Hello,

I have just called CIC. I have been told that if you have previously lived in Canada you will not require a Canadian police check as they do their own background check.

You will need to supply a police check from any country you have lived in for more than 6 months since you were 18.
Yes that's correct. They will request it at later stage if requires.

P.S. You can also send RCMP Clearance Certificate so as to avoid later delays in your application.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goku said:
Yes that's correct. They will request it at later stage if requires.

P.S. You can also send RCMP Clearance Certificate so as to avoid later delays in your application.

i have the RCMP I got in Nov 2014 for PR application under CEC (they returned it back)
Can I use it?

Also PCC from India got same month

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Goku said:
Thank you! I will add this to the to do list for later on