+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PCC

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Can anyone please explain me the producer of getting PCC for Canada.? I checked RCMP site and there are mentioned for fingerprints, how that is related with PCC.? Also how long the PCC certificate is valid. ?

Thanks in advance.

vc2ca

Star Member
Oct 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
PCC from Canada or for Canada from some other country.. the procedure might vary

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vc2ca said:
PCC from Canada or for Canada from some other country.. the procedure might vary
PCC from Canada for Canada. I am living in Canada for past 4 years so I am sure I need PCC.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simplynd2804 said:
PCC from Canada for Canada. I am living in Canada for past 4 years so I am sure I need PCC.
You are not required to submit a PCC with your application for PR.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
You are not required to submit a PCC with your application for PR.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp
So I need Criminal record check and that is only if Visa Officer specifically ask for it, is that what this is saying.? So means when I receive ITA most likely I don't need to submit Criminal record check or should do it regardless just to be prepared.

If I decide to get it anyway should I just walk into a police station and ask them to take my fingerprints and provide criminal record check.?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simplynd2804 said:
So I need Criminal record check and that is only if Visa Officer specifically ask for it, is that what this is saying.? So means when I receive ITA most likely I don't need to submit Criminal record check or should do it regardless just to be prepared.

If I decide to get it anyway should I just walk into a police station and ask them to take my fingerprints and provide criminal record check.?
Correct, you do not have to submit your Canadian PCC with your application. Only afterwards if they ask you for it THEN you should get it.

I would wait if I were you.

Cheers ;)

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
Correct, you do not have to submit your Canadian PCC with your application. Only afterwards if they ask you for it THEN you should get it.

I would wait if I were you.

Cheers ;)
OK that's comforting thanks for that clarification.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
simplynd2804 said:
You do not need the PCC for Canada upfront. They automatically do name-based checks for ALL applicants. If they later ask, only then do you have to get one.

HOWEVER - you do need PCCs from all other countries you have lived in since the age of 18, for a cumulative 6 months.