+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada passport for my son

arcticmaple

Star Member
Nov 18, 2010
Dear Friends,
I've a question for you all. I've read in this forum somewhere that kids under 18 years doesn't have to be physically present in Canada to apply for canadian passport. if that is the case can i apply for canadian passport for my son as soon as i get PR from canada?
All Seniors, please reply.
Very much appreciate your reply on this.
thanks & regards,
arcticmaple.

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
Highly unlikely that you can do so. Even below 18, your son will have the passport of another country right ?

Since he is your dependent, your timelines will also be applicable for your son.

I read somewhere that kids born in Canada are eligible to get Canadian citizenship at birth and in due time a Canadian passport.

arcticmaple said:
Dear Friends,
I've a question for you all. I've read in this forum somewhere that kids under 18 years doesn't have to be physically present in Canada to apply for canadian passport. if that is the case can i apply for canadian passport for my son as soon as i get PR from canada?
All Seniors, please reply.
Very much appreciate your reply on this.
thanks & regards,
arcticmaple.

arcticmaple

Star Member
Nov 18, 2010
vibez_well said:
Highly unlikely that you can do so. Even below 18, your son will have the passport of another country right ?

Since he is your dependent, your timelines will also be applicable for your son.

I read somewhere that kids born in Canada are eligible to get Canadian citizenship at birth and in due time a Canadian passport.
Thanks very much vibez for your prompt reply. Hope you are doing well. take care. bye.