+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Passport application Help

Amit6351

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
I have questions regarding passport application:

1. Can I fill my passport application with pen instead of filling in PDF ? If I can fill with pen than shall I use black or blue pen ?
2. People with only single name: do they leave first name column blank or put XXX. One of my friend had to put XXX in firat name because he last name ? I want to get other opinions.

Any help would be appreciated.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I have questions regarding passport application:

1. Can I fill my passport application with pen instead of filling in PDF ? If I can fill with pen than shall I use black or blue pen ?
2. People with only single name: do they leave first name column blank or put XXX. One of my friend had to put XXX in firat name because he last name ? I want to get other opinions.

Any help would be appreciated.
1. Yes you can. But make sure to write VERY legibly. Colour doesn't matter.
2. Would have to defer to someone else to answer that.

canvan14

May 8, 2014
Agree with the ink colour, either black or blue. The instruction was written on the top of the first page so make sure you follow it.
I heard about the XXX for first/last name on this forum. I'll let other member chime in since I have no personal experience in this matter.
However I strongly suggest you to apply at a passport office, not Service Canada or by mail, they will check the application with you for completeness complete before processing it.

hasanrasheed

Mar 1, 2013
filling in PDF can only help the agent in passport office to scan the QR scan and all the data is directly filled in passport app on his computer, instead he has to type all the info, so basically save his time and also avoids the spelling mistakes.

Reactions: cool_eagle

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
filling in PDF can only help the agent in passport office to scan the QR scan and all the data is directly filled in passport app on his computer, instead he has to type all the info, so basically save his time and also avoids the spelling mistakes.
For the section which related to guarantor information, can we fill it out in PDF as well and give it to him to sign it or the guarantor has to fill out the section by pen?

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
For the section which related to guarantor information, can we fill it out in PDF as well and give it to him to sign it or the guarantor has to fill out the section by pen?
Has to be completed by the guarantor in BLUE or BLACK ink

Reactions: zorroo

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When we fill out the passport application form for the sections which are not applied to us, shall we leave it empty or write N/A?

Last edited:

alijpro

Star Member
Oct 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga -> Ottawa -> Islamabad -> London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012 - ECAS: Application Received
Doc's Request.
Nov 2013 - Forms Updated, RePCC
AOR Received.
June 2012 - Sponsor Eligibility : Passed
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Request
Aug 2014 - ECAS: In Process
Med's Done....
Aug 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 2014 - PPR1 & PP2, ECAS: Decision Made
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2014
LANDED..........
May 2015 - ECAS: Complete
Looks like a bunch of morons sitting in CIC Passport office. I applied for passport with all documents but they rejected just because guarantor's signature were missing behind a photo. Not everyone is expert in dealing with these small petty things. But looks like they have nothing better to do. I applied just in case (not travelling anytime soon) but I wonder how frustrating it is for someone who needs to travel in emergency. These idiots take salary from our taxes and just play these stupid games with us. If they really have a doubt on something big then it makes sense.. but a missing signature behind a photo?

Melchett

Star Member
Nov 2, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
16-07-2018
Looks like a bunch of morons sitting in CIC Passport office. I applied for passport with all documents but they rejected just because guarantor's signature were missing behind a photo. Not everyone is expert in dealing with these small petty things. But looks like they have nothing better to do. I applied just in case (not travelling anytime soon) but I wonder how frustrating it is for someone who needs to travel in emergency. These idiots take salary from our taxes and just play these stupid games with us. If they really have a doubt on something big then it makes sense.. but a missing signature behind a photo?
I'd say the moron is the person who can't follow instructions, and not the one who does ;) I for one am glad that they're doing a proper job. If you're not happy about it, maybe consider moving to a country where the rules aren't followed as much?

alijpro

Star Member
Oct 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga -> Ottawa -> Islamabad -> London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012 - ECAS: Application Received
Doc's Request.
Nov 2013 - Forms Updated, RePCC
AOR Received.
June 2012 - Sponsor Eligibility : Passed
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Request
Aug 2014 - ECAS: In Process
Med's Done....
Aug 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 2014 - PPR1 & PP2, ECAS: Decision Made
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2014
LANDED..........
May 2015 - ECAS: Complete
I'd say the moron is the person who can't follow instructions, and not the one who does ;)
then you must be moron because you are on this forum and cant just follow instructions on the CIC website..

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
How is it their fault and why are they morons when the mistake was clearly on your end?

Blaming someone else for your mistake isn't really the way to go about IMHO. Your disgust and anger is justified if and only if they rejected your application in error in spite of you submitting a complete application with all the correct documents.

Accept the mistake, correct it and re-send the application. It is really okay to make mistakes. No need to blame others for that.

About people who need an "urgent" passport, there is a separate process for that and also, most people submit a complete application with correct documents. If anyone submits an application with incomplete/incorrect documentation, their application will be rejected just like yours. This is not some kind of conspiracy against you so don't take it personally.

Hope you get your passport soon! Good luck!

Last edited: