+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada or Australia for HR & Marketing Professional

sm9

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Folks,

We are trying for immigration to Canada or Australia with our 4 yrs old daughter, Canada being our first choice because of some family & friends residing there.
I am a Marketing & Brand professional & my wife is HR professional. I also carry 2 yrs of work experience in computers programming. All the consultants/agents I have spoken to suggest Australia as our occupation is listed there. But one consultant told me that I can apply for Canada also as I have done Computer programming in last 10 yrs. Please suggest which option would be better one in terms of finding out jobs in new country? It would be great if someone can help me with comparison on following parameters:
a) Better job opportunities in our own fields and for odd jobs
b) Education system for kids
c) Benefits from Government
d) Cost of living / Accommodation
e) Calling parents to the new country later on
f) Any racism
g) Any other point you guys would like to highlight

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
sm9 said:
Hi Folks,

We are trying for immigration to Canada or Australia with our 4 yrs old daughter, Canada being our first choice because of some family & friends residing there.
I am a Marketing & Brand professional & my wife is HR professional. I also carry 2 yrs of work experience in computers programming. All the consultants/agents I have spoken to suggest Australia as our occupation is listed there. But one consultant told me that I can apply for Canada also as I have done Computer programming in last 10 yrs. Please suggest which option would be better one in terms of finding out jobs in new country? It would be great if someone can help me with comparison on following parameters:
a) Better job opportunities in our own fields and for odd jobs
b) Education system for kids
c) Benefits from Government
d) Cost of living / Accommodation
e) Calling parents to the new country later on
f) Any racism
g) Any other point you guys would like to highlight
Hello sm9

if you are considering immigration to Canada, I'm afraid NOCs for marketing & brand professionals & HR professionals are not open this year. That consultant is partially correct in telling you that you can apply on the basis of your experience in computer programming (NOC 2174 is open) what he hasn't told you that you are late to apply on that experience this year. The FSW 2013 opened on 4th of May with only 300 seats for NOC 2174 and the current trends here in the forum and in CIC updates indicate that the 300 seats were filled well before end of may.

Do not mean to discourage you but just want to save you from a potential trap that you might fall into by your consultant. The FSW program will reopen in May 2014 again but nobody knows if computer programmers will be included or not. Still i suggest you start your homework for the 2014 FSW Program for Canada. Get your IELTS, ECA (Educational Credential Assessment),, your employment reference letters etc. You can get all the guidance from this forum.

On the other hand Australia is also a great option and there is much better chances of selection but you have to pass some stringent criteria of having a pass mark of 60.

As I am myself an applicant for FSW so I can only guide you upto the application stage. beyond that I leave it to the older members who have already landed.

Regards and Best of luck.