+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Minimum Financial Income?

navdeep02

Sep 10, 2009
Are you sponsoring your common-in-law? There is no minimum finanical income requirement for sponsoring spouses or common-in-laws

soap

Sep 6, 2009
Fantastic! I got worried because I havn't received any response, nor can I access my sponsorship application with my receipt number. The only way I got the dates above was to sign in with my Partners Client ID that he received as an international student.

I searched up the "The Sponsors Guide" for family class where page 8 states an requirement is "you have an income that is at least equal to the minimum necessary income, the amount of which is published yearly by the Canadian government." which I searched up to be around $26,000. I thought they'd be strict on this to prevent people on going on welfare (not that we plan to).

I hope that you are right! Because it doesn't state anywhere in the guide that it doesn't matter for common law. Thanks again for the advice :)

skokica

Jan 26, 2008
To qualify, the Sponsor must be able to demonstrate the financial ability to provide for the essential needs of the Sponsored person(s) and any accompanying dependents. This requirement is waived if:
- The person requiring sponsorship is the spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner of the Canadian Sponsor; or
- The person requiring sponsorship is the dependent child of the Canadian Sponsor.

The financial ability requirements do not apply if the Sponsored person is a spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner or a dependent child of the Sponsor.

@Soap: When did you send an application? Once you/your spouse will be processed in Mississauga you will be able to login with Client ID. Later on when process starts in overseas Visa office you/he (don't know who is sponsoring who) will get Aknowlegment of receipt (AOR) and will be able to log on Ecas using Immigration file number and Applicant's details.