+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Medicals - Urgent Help Needed

sachin80

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Hi All,

I wanted to get some opinion on the Canada medicals process. I have 450 points and received the invite in May'18. I did my medicals back then here in US. Unfortunately chest X-ray had some scars on it so after many rounds of discussions and follow ups with the doctor, i contacted my personal doctor and got the CT scan done. I have now shared those results with the Canada doctor and awaiting his response on it.

The catscan shows multiple small around 2-4 mm nodules. Would that be an issue for getting the Canada medicals approval?

I have around 30 days remaining to submit the application. Can I submit the application and then meanwhile work on the medicals? Does anyone know what happens in such a situation? How many days would the Canada immigration team wait for the medicals to be done?

I would also be loosing 5 points in end of July due to birthday. I am currently at 450 points and will come down to 445. So instead of submitting the application, should i may be decline the invitation and then submit before my birthday again to get back in the pool? Then I will get another 90 days to submit the docs.

Wanted to know what is my best option at this point of time.

In case someone has faced similar situation where medicals were delayed for some reason, can you please advise how does that work and what was done to handle the situation?

Regards,
Sachin.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
I have around 30 days remaining to submit the application. Can I submit the application and then meanwhile work on the medicals?
No you can't. You have to upload the information sheet provided by the panel physician otherwise your application is incomplete.

I'm not a medical professional so can't comment on inadmissibility. You can decline ITA if you want to but you would need to consider where CRS cut-off might be next month and if 445 could guarantee you another invite.

sachin80

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
No you can't. You have to upload the information sheet provided by the panel physician otherwise your application is incomplete.

I'm not a medical professional so can't comment on inadmissibility. You can decline ITA if you want to but you would need to consider where CRS cut-off might be next month and if 445 could guarantee you another invite.
I have received one information sheet per family member from the doctor. But the doctor later called and said some things were found in the
chest X-ray results. If I decline the ITA and re submit before my birthday, then i think i should still get the same 450 points correct?

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
I have received one information sheet per family member from the doctor. But the doctor later called and said some things were found in the
chest X-ray results. If I decline the ITA and re submit before my birthday, then i think i should still get the same 450 points correct?
If you decline ITA , you will get it in next draw provided your score is not below draw cut off. Also keep in mind now the time to submit e-apr has been brought down from 90 to 60 days.