+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Master's Admissions with low CGPA

jahan4516

Jan 27, 2016
Hey guys,

First post here. I have been struggling with this for a while so I thought I'd turn to the internet for some advice. I hold a 3 year Bachelors in Business Administration from the University of Southern Queensland, Australia. I graduated in September 2012 and proceeded to work in for a Bank in Dubai for 2 years. I now wish to apply for my Master's in Professional Accounting or Finance from Canada.

The problem is I can't seem to find a single school in Canada (absolutely any state) which would accept me with a CGPA of 4.6/7 which is equivalent to a Grade C in the last two years of studies on a cumulative basis. I haven't applied to any schools because I don't meet the prerequisites anywhere.

My IELTS scores are:

Listening: 8.0
Reading: 8.0
Writing: 8.0
Speaking: 8.5
Overall: 8.0

I am also preparing to appear for the GMAT mid february 2016. I am confident in expecting a score north of 680 but I feel like Canadian School's would not overlook my average CGPA no matter what my GMAT score is.

I do have other options like pursuing a Masters from Australia, UK, Europe or even the US but I've got some family in Toronto and it seems like the best pathway considering my circumstances.

I guess what I am trying to ask is should I let go of the notion of studying in Canada? because so far it seems like a dead end. Or am I missing something and there are some schools which do accept candidates represented by a similar portfolio as mine.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would contact the school that you wanna to study.

email prof. or admission to ask what was minimum GPA last year or if you have a chance.

Good luck.

mamaburger

Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Check the uni's website to see if they offer Post Baccalaureate diplomas in your area of study. It's usually about a year long (30 credits) and if you do well then, you could apply into Masters program

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
jahan4516 said:
Hey guys,

First post here. I have been struggling with this for a while so I thought I'd turn to the internet for some advice. I hold a 3 year Bachelors in Business Administration from the University of Southern Queensland, Australia. I graduated in September 2012 and proceeded to work in for a Bank in Dubai for 2 years. I now wish to apply for my Master's in Professional Accounting or Finance from Canada.

The problem is I can't seem to find a single school in Canada (absolutely any state) which would accept me with a CGPA of 4.6/7 which is equivalent to a Grade C in the last two years of studies on a cumulative basis. I haven't applied to any schools because I don't meet the prerequisites anywhere.

My IELTS scores are:

Listening: 8.0
Reading: 8.0
Writing: 8.0
Speaking: 8.5
Overall: 8.0

I am also preparing to appear for the GMAT mid february 2016. I am confident in expecting a score north of 680 but I feel like Canadian School's would not overlook my average CGPA no matter what my GMAT score is.

I do have other options like pursuing a Masters from Australia, UK, Europe or even the US but I've got some family in Toronto and it seems like the best pathway considering my circumstances.

I guess what I am trying to ask is should I let go of the notion of studying in Canada? because so far it seems like a dead end. Or am I missing something and there are some schools which do accept candidates represented by a similar portfolio as mine.

Any help would be highly appreciated.
Lakehead University has a lower requirement. Give it a shot there