+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Insurance Help

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Thanks for info man. But I have no intention to break the law. I was just checking on any additional documents required to submit before hand. Property evaluation for a prior date for one cannot be obtained I guess.
I'm sure that was not your intention. However, saying/doing things like "put in a higher figure to avoid taxes when I sell and make a capital gain" and "not declare her income and show her as not working" will clearly put you on the wrong side of the law.

hanin142

Jul 30, 2016
Dubai
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01/11/2016
Doc's Request.
01/03/2017 ITA
AOR Received.
14/03/2017
I'm sure that was not your intention. However, saying/doing things like "put in a higher figure to avoid taxes when I sell and make a capital gain" and "not declare her income and show her as not working" will clearly put you on the wrong side of the law.
Not sure what you mean by this. Anyways .. that does not matter. Thanks for replying. By the way, to once again clarify our situation, if I make the first landing and my wife does not but continues working in dubai, would this income be taxable? she would join me at a later date which would be her first landing.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Not sure what you mean by this. Anyways .. that does not matter. Thanks for replying. By the way, to once again clarify our situation, if I make the first landing and my wife does not but continues working in dubai, would this income be taxable? she would join me at a later date which would be her first landing.
What I meant is that you said you had no intention of breaking the law, but in your previous post, you had proposed doing two things (that I quoted) that are both illegal.

Regardless, yes....if you are living here, and your wife is earning money overseas, her earnings are taxable in Canada.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
^why would her earnings be taxable here if she has not landed yet?