+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Immigration- PCC

RAGHU_RAM

Apr 1, 2019
Hi,

I have question regarding the PCC.
I applied PCC for Express entry from BLS- Canada.
After I got the PCC, If I travel to India for 2 months and comeback to Canada.
Can I submit document for express entry under CEC or Do I need to apply for a new one after comming back from India?

Thank you!

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi,

Can I submit document for express entry under CEC or Do I need to apply for a new one after comming back from India?

Thank you!
If you travel to India after getting a PCC, you'll have to get another PCC after coming back from India to submit your application.

Reactions: Taran D

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hi,

Thank you!
Hi there,

I can help you with that.

The Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) is valid for a period of 6 months from the date of issue. So, if you travel to India for 2 months and come back to Canada, your PCC will still be valid. You can submit your documents for Express Entry under CEC without having to apply for a new PCC.

However, it is important to note that the PCC is only valid for the period of time that you have stated on your application. If you have been in India for longer than 6 months since you applied for the PCC, you will need to apply for a new one.

I hope this helps!

Jun 6, 2018
Montreal, QC
Category........
CEC
Hi,

Thank you!
Hello,

Please find the link below.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

it depends if you're an inland or outland applicant.

As per the information on the IRCC page, I am copy pasting the information below:

For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:

• must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
  • must not be expired
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on.

So technically, if you're an inland applicant and have a PCC that was issued even before 6 months from the date you submit your application or you intend to leave the country for not MORE than 6 months, you should be alright.

As per the information on IRCC website, for Inland(applying from Canada) applicant, PCC does not have an expiry given that you did not leave the country for no more than 6 months and it is not the country where you live currently.

SOMEONE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello,

Please find the link below.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

it depends if you're an inland or outland applicant.

As per the information on the IRCC page, I am copy pasting the information below:

For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:

• must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
  • must not be expired
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on.

So technically, if you're an inland applicant and have a PCC that was issued even before 6 months from the date you submit your application or you intend to leave the country for not MORE than 6 months, you should be alright.

As per the information on IRCC website, for Inland(applying from Canada) applicant, PCC does not have an expiry given that you did not leave the country for no more than 6 months and it is not the country where you live currently.

SOMEONE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG.
For home countries, the PCC should be issued after you last left them.

Jun 6, 2018
Montreal, QC
Category........
CEC
For home countries, the PCC should be issued after you last left them.
but doesn't it clearly mention saying " it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row"

As per that information, even if you are travelling and returning before 6 months you should be ok right? or is it wrong information posted?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
but doesn't it clearly mention saying " it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row"

As per that information, even if you are travelling and returning before 6 months you should be ok right? or is it wrong information posted?
I think it was in the PCC documentation years ago: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/urgent-pcc-received-21-days-before-leaving-the-country.485046/

And, I can trace it back to IRCC's past tweets too:

Jun 6, 2018
Montreal, QC
Category........
CEC
So I was right?? with the updated information on their website as below?

As per the information on IRCC website, for Inland(applying from Canada) applicant, PCC does not have an expiry given that you did not leave the country for no more than 6 months in a row and it is not the country where you live currently.

I'm curious now!

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
So I was right?? with the updated information on their website as below?

As per the information on IRCC website, for Inland(applying from Canada) applicant, PCC does not have an expiry given that you did not leave the country for no more than 6 months in a row and it is not the country where you live currently.

I'm curious now!
That's still not an advice that people follow. PCC is risky, so I wouldn't bet on it. Better safe than sorry.

Reactions: BA101
Jun 6, 2018
Montreal, QC
Category........
CEC
That's still not an advice that people follow. PCC is risky, so I wouldn't bet on it. Better safe than sorry.
Well, I had a friend who applied for his PR with a PCC which was over a year old since the date of issue and he had travelled a couple of times to India with stay not longer than 6 months, during his application, he mentioned as what it is in their website and had no issues with his application at all.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Well, I had a friend who applied for his PR with a PCC which was over a year old since the date of issue and he had travelled a couple of times to India with stay not longer than 6 months, during his application, he mentioned as what it is in their website and had no issues with his application at all.
I don't know man, I personally won't risk it.

• Sad
Reactions: Raptor33

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Honestly, IRCC has been through a lot of mishaps [you can search the forum for many such unfortunate incidents] and if I were you, I would not chance it.

Rest is your discretion

Take for eg the Medical exemption policy - I know scores of people who used an expired medical and still got a request

So this is the policy in place but will you be able to make a smooth sail or not is not something anyone can confirm.

Good Luck