+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Immigration Help

kal

Aug 11, 2007
Hi Friends,

I am Indian Citizen and living in UK.

I have 6+yrs of IT software experience and I did my masters from UK university.
Can somebody please tell me the exact procedure to apply for canada immigration.
how much does it cost me and how long will it take to complete the whole process.
what if I move to some other country in between.

Please advice.

Thanks

Kal

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
All the procedures and fees are here: www.cic.gc.ca

The time depends on which country you apply from. You can find out average application times at the same website.

If you move to a different country in the middle of your application, there are a few things that could happen. If you maintained an address in the UK to receive and respond to mail, then everything would be pretty easy. But if you change your address with CIC in the middle of the application, you risk that some of your mail will go to the old address. You could also have someone be your representative, in which case you would use their address throughout the whole process. This is what happens when you hire a lawyer.

Anyway, start by reading the website. Good luck.

kal

Aug 11, 2007
Thanks thaiguy,

I visited the said site and it mentioned it will take atleast 56 months to process, why it is that much long??
and is it easy to find any sponsor to apply the work permit and then to apply immigration in canada??

pls advice

kal

Aug 11, 2007
thaiguy said:
All the procedures and fees are here: www.cic.gc.ca

The time depends on which country you apply from. You can find out average application times at the same website.

If you move to a different country in the middle of your application, there are a few things that could happen. If you maintained an address in the UK to receive and respond to mail, then everything would be pretty easy. But if you change your address with CIC in the middle of the application, you risk that some of your mail will go to the old address. You could also have someone be your representative, in which case you would use their address throughout the whole process. This is what happens when you hire a lawyer.

Anyway, start by reading the website. Good luck.
Thanks,

Well what if I can give someone's address who is permanent in UK and receive the communication at thataddress. anddo I need to be present in UK for future proceeedings or can I present my case fromanywhere outside UK??

pls advice