+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Immigrant PR Visa Printing Timeline?

BillMoses

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
Alright, so I got PPR and submitted my passport along with my wife passport to VFS Canada Wafi Mall on 7th of July, 2022. I got the acknowledgement that it's on transit to Canadian embassy of Abu Dhabi aka IRCC on 12th of July.

When should I expect to get the passports back? any Idea...does any of the members reside in UAE and how long did it take him/her???

Please help!!!!

Reactions: Mohummod

nathant

Jul 27, 2022
Alright, so I got PPR and submitted my passport along with my wife passport to VFS Canada Wafi Mall on 7th of July, 2022. I got the acknowledgement that it's on transit to Canadian embassy of Abu Dhabi aka IRCC on 12th of July.

When should I expect to get the passports back? any Idea...does any of the members reside in UAE and how long did it take him/her???

Please help!!!!

Hey,

Sorry, I don't have a definite answer since I'm looking for one myself but you can get a basic idea of the expected wait time from my timeline.
22/06/22 - Passport submitted to VFS Dubai at Wafi mall and I was provided tracking details.
23/06/22 - 3 updates on the same day. 1) Received by Abu Dhabi OC and to be sent to IRCC. 2) In transit to IRCC office for processing. 3) Under process at IRCC.

The tracker hasn't been updated since then, however, I received the below email from IRCC on my personal email address -
"
Dear Applicant,

Kindly note that your passport, which has been received by our office is still pending visa printing as we are awaiting for action from the processing office.

We are currently holding on to your passport while the processing office completes the processing, however, should you require our office to return your passport in the meantime, please send us an email requesting the same and we will return your passport via the Visa Application Center (VAC).

You might wish to contact the processing office to request an update regarding the status of your application.

Regards,

Migration Section | Section de Migration / DB

Embassy of Canada in Abu Dhabi | Ambassade du Canada Abu Dhabi "

I've raised webforms and contacted VFS but to no avail. I'm unsure of whats next but If i was in your place I'd expect processing times of approx a month at minimum.

BillMoses

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
Hey,

Sorry, I don't have a definite answer since I'm looking for one myself but you can get a basic idea of the expected wait time from my timeline.
22/06/22 - Passport submitted to VFS Dubai at Wafi mall and I was provided tracking details.
23/06/22 - 3 updates on the same day. 1) Received by Abu Dhabi OC and to be sent to IRCC. 2) In transit to IRCC office for processing. 3) Under process at IRCC.

The tracker hasn't been updated since then, however, I received the below email from IRCC on my personal email address -
"
Dear Applicant,

Kindly note that your passport, which has been received by our office is still pending visa printing as we are awaiting for action from the processing office.

We are currently holding on to your passport while the processing office completes the processing, however, should you require our office to return your passport in the meantime, please send us an email requesting the same and we will return your passport via the Visa Application Center (VAC).

You might wish to contact the processing office to request an update regarding the status of your application.

Regards,

Migration Section | Section de Migration / DB

Embassy of Canada in Abu Dhabi | Ambassade du Canada Abu Dhabi "

I've raised webforms and contacted VFS but to no avail. I'm unsure of whats next but If i was in your place I'd expect processing times of approx a month at minimum.
Did someone get back to you? did you get the visa printed?

nathant

Jul 27, 2022
Did someone get back to you? did you get the visa printed?
No response yet and no one has gotten back to me. I’m looking to withdraw my application because I need to travel urgently on August 10th and it doesn’t seem like it’s going to come back before then. I’m going to wait until tomorrow and then submit the request.

BillMoses

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
No response yet and no one has gotten back to me. I’m looking to withdraw my application because I need to travel urgently on August 10th and it doesn’t seem like it’s going to come back before then. I’m going to wait until tomorrow and then submit the request.

ِI advise you to raise a web-form; if you ask for your passport back then they will not print your visa & all what you worked for will be gone!

nathant

Jul 27, 2022
ِI advise you to raise a web-form; if you ask for your passport back then they will not print your visa & all what you worked for will be gone!
I raised a webform with Abu Dhabi and Ottawa on July 14th. Haven’t got a response until now. Even emailed the Canadian embassy in AD but with no response.

Kritz56

Dec 25, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
26-02-2021
I raised a webform with Abu Dhabi and Ottawa on July 14th. Haven’t got a response until now. Even emailed the Canadian embassy in AD but with no response.
Hey Can you share the email for the Canadian Embassy in AD.
And, Hope you get your Passport back soon.

BillMoses

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
I raised a webform yesterday itself, let's hope they get back to us soon!

BillMoses

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
I sent an email to the Canadian embassy in Abu Dhabi as I've started to lose hope from this whole thing...did you get your visa?