+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Express entry Profile - College/Institute name

rickiricki

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
I have done MBA from
College Name: ABC, City A
University Name: XYZ, City B

My college name is NOT mentioned anywhere in my degree or marksheet. Only my University name is there in degree and marksheet.

In my ECA report my University name appears.

Plz help me with following queries. Queries are connected to each other.

Q1. What should I put as Institute/College name in my express profile - College name(ABC) or Univ name(XYZ)? I am tempted to write my Univ name only. Plz advise
Q2. What should be my Town/CIty of study - City A or B? I feel like writing City B, which is less confusing but it is actually wrong. And it will be further wrong when I ll have to write my address of living later while filing for PR. And in my address my college name will have to appear.
Q3. Lastly, when i did my MBA in 2010, my college was affiliated to univ XYZ but a year later college became a deemed university. Does that create any confusion.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
I have done MBA from
College Name: ABC, City A
University Name: XYZ, City B

My college name is NOT mentioned anywhere in my degree or marksheet. Only my University name is there in degree and marksheet.

In my ECA report my University name appears.

Plz help me with following queries. Queries are connected to each other.

Q1. What should I put as Institute/College name in my express profile - College name(ABC) or Univ name(XYZ)? I am tempted to write my Univ name only. Plz advise Write it as College Name (Affiliated to University Name)
Q2. What should be my Town/CIty of study - City A or B? I feel like writing City B, which is less confusing but it is actually wrong. And it will be further wrong when I ll have to write my address of living later while filing for PR. And in my address my college name will have to appear. Write City A and after ITA, explain in LOE that the College was in city A and the University in city B.
Q3. Lastly, when i did my MBA in 2010, my college was affiliated to univ XYZ but a year later college became a deemed university. Does that create any confusion. No

Reactions: rickiricki

josematt18

Feb 14, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-10-2018
AOR Received.
04-10-2018
Med's Done....
02-11-2018
Passport Req..
19-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
04-07-2019
LANDED..........
25-07-2019
do we have to show some kind of proof regarding education in the college? As neither WES nor Degree certificate have the name of college mentioned in it

sidganesh

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
10-03-2018
AOR Received.
10-03-2018
Passport Req..
30-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2018
do we have to show some kind of proof regarding education in the college? As neither WES nor Degree certificate have the name of college mentioned in it
Same issue for me as well. My degree certificate only carries my Uni name whereas my consolidated marks statement is printed on my Uni paper but mentions the college I studied in. I had clarified this by email to WES and so my ECA mentions only the Uni name.

I suppose the only option is to explain this in the LoE just to eliminate any risk of misrepresentation. I'm sure the visa officers see hundreds of these cases anyway.

josematt18

Feb 14, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-10-2018
AOR Received.
04-10-2018
Med's Done....
02-11-2018
Passport Req..
19-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
04-07-2019
LANDED..........
25-07-2019
Same issue for me as well. My degree certificate only carries my Uni name whereas my consolidated marks statement is printed on my Uni paper but mentions the college I studied in. I had clarified this by email to WES and so my ECA mentions only the Uni name.

I suppose the only option is to explain this in the LoE just to eliminate any risk of misrepresentation. I'm sure the visa officers see hundreds of these cases anyway.

Wouldn't it be much easier if we provide the university name and its address? ( I know a few people who got PR while doing both methods)

josematt18

Feb 14, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-10-2018
AOR Received.
04-10-2018
Med's Done....
02-11-2018
Passport Req..
19-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
04-07-2019
LANDED..........
25-07-2019
I entered University Name, and the city in which university is located.

Veejaysingh

Star Member
May 19, 2020
URGENT, Hey guys same issue, Studied in ABC college in my city but it's affiliated to IGNOU which is in New Delhi. Institution name mentioned as IGNOU on my WES report. I am in the middle of post ITA process where I am being asked about the college name so not sure what to write ABC college or IGNOU. If I write ABC college with my city then, it's different from WES report but If I write IGNOU, what am I suppose to write in City___ field. kinda confusing please help. thanks