PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Nomination.....
Ontario
AOR Received.
06-11-2019
Hi Guys,

I received 120 points for my CIMA (UK) qualification based on the assessment by WES.

I got the CPA membership 3 months ago based on MRA.

Will I get additional points for my CPA certification?

neyo411

Feb 13, 2018
Hi Guys,

I received 120 points for my CIMA (UK) qualification based on the assessment by WES.

Hi Vinoth,
How can i go about getting the CPA designation under the MRA? I'm an ACCA member looking to land in September. Can i complete it before then?

neyo411

Feb 13, 2018
Hi,
Check this link out.
https://www.cpaontario.ca/become-a-cpa/why-cpa/internationally-trained-accountants/acca-and-cga-canada-mutual-recognition-agreement

Mine took around 4 months to process..it depends on the number of applications they receive.
Thanks alot buddy. I was about to commence the application when the pre-arrival service guys introduced me to another more complicated route to obtaining the CPA designation which did not require completion of the online course.

So i guess you submitted the application form with the certificate of completion for the canadian law and tax course while you got your Uni and ACCA to send your transcript and letter of good standing later right?

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Hi Guys,

Hi, does transcript has to be mailed from the university or we can submit official transcript in a sealed envelope issued by the university?

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Hi Guys,

No

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
Hi Vinoth,
How can i go about getting the CPA designation under the MRA? I'm an ACCA member looking to land in September. Can i complete it before then?
hello,
what province did you get your CPA and how did you convert your CIMA UK to cpa. plrease i am in that situation.

vinoth388

Apr 26, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Nomination.....
Ontario
AOR Received.
06-11-2019
hello,
what province did you get your CPA and how did you convert your CIMA UK to cpa. plrease i am in that situation.
I got it from Ontario. Please check the link above. It has all the requirements.

fakenews

Star Member
May 29, 2019
no additional points for CPA license. Additional points are only awarded for certificate in a trade or business - accounting isn't one of them.

vinoth388

Apr 26, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Nomination.....
Ontario
AOR Received.
06-11-2019
Hi vinoth,

when you applied for CPA were you in canada or your home country? and did you had a degree along with CIMA?
Thanks in advance bro
Hi, I was in my home country. No applied just with CIMA.

abueprop

Nov 17, 2018
Hi, I was in my home country. No applied just with CIMA.
When you applied at what stage were you in Canadian migration process bro? Because in online it mentions one need to have valid residency to apply for membership.

Residency Documents. The following documents are required for proof of residency
  • Memorandum prepared on a supplementary sheet outlining, in sufficient detail, your residency pattern at the time of writing the normal qualifying examination(s). The memorandum must also provide clarification as to whether you maintained a home or mailing address in Canada at the time of writing the normal qualifying examination(s).
  • Documentation showing the date you first landed in Canada or memorandum stating that you have not yet landed in Canada.
  • Documentation showing the year you first filed a Canadian Income Tax Return (if applicable).
  • Copy of Canadian Customs and Immigration Landing Documents (if applicable).
  • Copy of Canadian visas held (if applicable).
  • Copy of passport page(s) containing immigration stamp(s) to support Canadian entry/exit dates and/or residency pattern at the time of writing the normal qualifying examination(s).
And how did you provide two referee recommendation bro? you have been of great help bro

vinoth388

Apr 26, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Nomination.....
Ontario
AOR Received.
06-11-2019
When you applied at what stage were you in Canadian migration process bro? Because in online it mentions one need to have valid residency to apply for membership.

Residency Documents. The following documents are required for proof of residency
  • Memorandum prepared on a supplementary sheet outlining, in sufficient detail, your residency pattern at the time of writing the normal qualifying examination(s). The memorandum must also provide clarification as to whether you maintained a home or mailing address in Canada at the time of writing the normal qualifying examination(s).
  • Documentation showing the date you first landed in Canada or memorandum stating that you have not yet landed in Canada.
  • Documentation showing the year you first filed a Canadian Income Tax Return (if applicable).
  • Copy of Canadian Customs and Immigration Landing Documents (if applicable).
  • Copy of Canadian visas held (if applicable).
  • Copy of passport page(s) containing immigration stamp(s) to support Canadian entry/exit dates and/or residency pattern at the time of writing the normal qualifying examination(s).
And how did you provide two referee recommendation bro? you have been of great help bro
Sorry, these requirements were not there when I applied 2 years back.