+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>Canada COPR - Traveling from USA. COVID-19 Pace. 2019/2020<<<< Join here

Snagh

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
When I spoke to IRCC officer, I was told 'as of today if you're traveling from USA with COPR, we're good. He also said visa-free nonvisa-free doesn't apply if you're traveling from USA to Canada!

Travelling from the US
You can travel to Canada from the United States to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident if

• we approved your application and
  • we sent you a CoPR
This looks like a good sign. But I wonder why the delay in more outland applicants in the USA receiving similar communication.

Danaan

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
Virginia, USA
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Reactions: S Kennedy

Verine16

Feb 27, 2020
Not sure! but guess they want to control the numbers landing from US cuz of covid-19..
Thanks for answering my question in the other conversation and providing the link so i can see others who got PPR recently, many seem to be living in Canada. I'm currently residing in US and wondering when the rest of us will receive the golden email. Keep us informed.
Thanks again

S Kennedy

Oct 1, 2016
Banff, Alberta.
Visa Office......
CIO Ottawa
Thanks for answering my question in the other conversation and providing the link so i can see others who got PPR recently, many seem to be living in Canada. I'm currently residing in US and wondering when the rest of us will receive the golden email. Keep us informed.
Thanks again
I'm guessing they're rolling out COPRS very cautiously, the only reason they might not be giving COPR's in batch for US residents, is cuz of dangerously higher covid-19 cases in US. And its not getting better at all!

sladeyl11

Jul 27, 2020
Dear All,

I have a question...I received my PR visa and COPR back in May and I will travel to Canada from US. On IRCC's website, they made a different between traveling from the US and from other foreign countries - the difference is about the issuance date of COPR:

"Travelling from any country other than the US

If we issued your confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) on or before March 18, 2020, you

• are exempt from the travel restrictions and
  • can travel to Canada with your CoPR to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident
Check the issue date in the Application Details section of your CoPR to see if this applies to you.

Travelling from the US

You can travel to Canada from the United States to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident if

• we sent you a CoPR"
seems that if I am traveling from US then my COPR doesn't need to be issued before 3/18/2020? Can anyone confirm this..? I tried webform to IRCC and they just reply me by coping this directly without telling if true or false and therefore letting me do the interpretation...

sladeyl11

Jul 27, 2020
When I spoke to IRCC officer, I was told 'as of today if you're traveling from USA with COPR, we're good. He also said visa-free nonvisa-free doesn't apply if you're traveling from USA to Canada!

Travelling from the US

• we sent you a CoPR
Hi Kennedy I believe we are in the same boat or at least similar...I am traveling from US directly as well with my COPR and my PR visa. My COPR was issued in May and valid through Oct and I am planning to settle in Canada upon arrived... However, I don't know if :
1. Travel to Canada to settle in/find jobs/start a new life can be deemed as "non-discretionary" and
2. My COPR was issued in May (I think the 3/18 issuance date requirement are only for those traveling not from US)

Can I have you opinion on this or can you give me the number you used to contact IRCC (the one I used is just a voice mailbox)...