+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>Canada COPR - Traveling from USA. COVID-19 Pace. 2019/2020<<<< Join here

S Kennedy

Oct 1, 2016
Banff, Alberta.
Visa Office......
CIO Ottawa
Creating this thread for all confirmed and yet to be COPR's Traveling from USA. COVID-19 Pace.

Be polite and respectful to all forum users, including moderators. Bullying, aggression, nuisance behavior, false accusations, speculating others and discrimination will not be tolerated. Language must be professional and polite.

S Kennedy

Oct 1, 2016
Banff, Alberta.
Visa Office......
CIO Ottawa
If you haven’t applied to immigrate to Canada yet
We’re still accepting most permanent resident applications. Unfortunately, our ability to review and process them is being affected by COVID-19. We can’t currently estimate any processing times.
We’re currently focusing on priority applications like

• Canadians returning to the country
  • vulnerable groups
  • people who perform or support essential services.
We’re trying to process those as quickly as possible.
If you apply, you still need to submit a complete application. This means you must include all the supporting documents we ask for. If you can’t get some of these documents right now, you should wait to apply until you can get them.

If you already applied for a document but it’s delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you can send proof that you’re trying to get it (like a receipt). Include a letter to tell us why you don’t have the document and when you’ll get it. Send us the document as soon as you have it to avoid more delays.
If you get your language test results or educational credential assessment report by email or electronically, we’ll accept them as part of your application.
Express Entry applicants
Because of COVID-19, you now have 90 days to submit your Express Entry application after you’ve received your invitation to apply.
Permanent residence applications that we’re still processing
Due to the impacts of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we can’t
  • process applications normally
  • provide accurate processing times
We’re prioritizing some applications, including
  • Canadians trying to return to Canada
  • vulnerable people
  • people who perform or support essential services
If you are missing documents due to COVID-19 (such as police certificates, biometrics, passports and medical exams)
  • we won’t close or refuse any applications in progress
  • we’ll automatically give you an extra 90 daysto send us the documents from the deadline in the request letter
    • this applies even if the letter says you only have 30 or 90 days
  • we’ll keep extending the deadline for another 90 days until you can get the documents
  • you don’t have to contact us to get this extension
  • once you’re able to, send us the missing documents as soon as possible to avoid further delays
Some steps you may not be able to complete right now include
  • submitting your passport or supporting documents, such as a police certificate
  • completing an immigration medical exam
If you get your language test results or educational credential assessment report by email or electronically, we’ll accept them as part of your application.

COVID-19: Changes to biometrics

Biometrics collection services are unavailable at some sites.

Find out what to do if there’s a service disruption at the site closest to you.

Biometrics at Service Canada locations
To keep everyone safe, Service Canada has temporarily stopped collecting biometrics until further notice.
  • All biometrics appointments have been cancelled.
  • You’ll have to reschedule your biometrics appointment when Service Canada locations return to normal operations.
  • If you can’t give your biometrics at a Service Canada location, don’tgo to another location like
    • a Canadian port of entry
    • an Application Support Center in the United States or
    • a visa application centre
Language testing organizations
Some language testing organizations have started scheduling tests again.
You may be able to take a language test depending on the:
  • designated testing organization
  • region where you want to take your test
  • language you’re being tested for
Language tests we accept:
Make sure you check the latest information about testing in your region.
English
French
Find more information about language testing.
To withdraw your application
If you’re affected by the travel restrictions and want to withdraw your permanent residence application, use the Web form to let us know.
We’ll give you a refund if
  • you withdraw your application within 24 hours of submitting it
  • we haven’t started processing
How financial benefits affect family sponsorship
If you collect the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB), you’re still eligible to sponsor your spouse, parent, grandparent, child or other relative as long as you meet all the requirements to be a sponsor.
CERB isn’t considered social assistance. Collecting CERB won’t make you ineligible to sponsor.
EI and CERB won’t cause you to default
If the person you sponsored collects Employment Insurance (EI) or the CERB during the undertaking period, it will not cause you to default.
However, if the person you sponsored collects social assistance during the undertaking period, you have to repay the amount. If you don’t, you’ll be in default of your undertaking.
If we already approved your permanent resident application
If you’re outside Canada
If you come to Canada, make sure you’re exempt from the travel restrictions. You won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re travelling for reasons like:
  • tourism
  • recreation
  • entertainment
  • to finalize your permanent residence application but not settle here yet
These are not valid reasons to come to Canada right now.
If you’re travelling by air, you need to pass a health check conducted by the airline before boarding a flight. If you show symptoms of COVID-19, you won’t be allowed to board.
Quarantine plan
You must have a plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive. This is mandatory, even if you have no symptoms. If you don’t have a plan or the ability to quarantine as soon as you arrive, you shouldn’t travel to Canada.
We don’t give you with a place to quarantine when you arrive. You need to make your own arrangements in advance.
Travelling from any country other than the US
If we issued your confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) on or before March 18, 2020, you
  • are exempt from the travel restrictions and
  • can travel to Canada with your CoPR to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident
Check the issue date in the Application Details section of your CoPR to see if this applies to you.
Travelling from the US
You can travel to Canada from the United States to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident if
  • we approved your application and
  • we sent you a CoPR
Provincial and territorial travel restrictions
Provinces and territories may have their own travel restrictions. Before you travel, check the official website of your province or territory of destination.

ppakash

Jul 30, 2019
I have already received my COPR last year and was planning to travel in May this year, which has not worked out. On a related question, my COPR expires this September and I do not plan to move in this year to Canada. So according to the instuctions on the webpage, my travel will be non-essential. So if I apply for an extension, would I need to re-take my medical exams?

Danaan

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
Virginia, USA
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
My spouse and I received CoPR valid through November 2020 and are scheduled to land in BC August 17, by land crossing. We are driving a one-way U-Haul with all our goods and importing two vehicles. Thanks for creating this thread.

Reactions: S Kennedy

Snagh

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
I got my COPR yest followed by a PPR, although I was advised not to send in the passport, I can use the COPR straight to land!
Congratulations!! May I ask are you a US citizen or hold the passport of a visa-free country?

S Kennedy

Oct 1, 2016
Banff, Alberta.
Visa Office......
CIO Ottawa
When I spoke to IRCC officer, I was told 'as of today if you're traveling from USA with COPR, we're good. He also said visa-free nonvisa-free doesn't apply if you're traveling from USA to Canada!

Travelling from the US
You can travel to Canada from the United States to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident if

• we approved your application and
  • we sent you a CoPR