Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
Jamesdavid3 said:
How it it possible to do home visits that the fact that you can MOVE anywhere with your Canadian partner and not inform the CIC once you have your PR...

How could they do a home visit when they have no idea where I live?

Once I get my PR card there will no longer be any contact to the CIC or Government anymore.
I really hate to sound incredibly snarky but people like you cause a lot of problems and mistrust and are likely one of the reasons why there are rules like this. Also, I'd be really careful what you say on here as I'm not entirely convinced that the CIC and/or the CBSA don't troll sites like this. I'm sure at this point they can find you. Just saying.

spyro02

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2014
AOR Received.
19-12-2014
How can CIC or CBSA track you by SIN if they have no legal right to obtain it? SIN and other personally identifiable information are protected under the Privacy Act. The only ways to obtain someone's SIN from Service Canada is by court order or consent of the person. There is no specific legislative authority for immigration purposes.
CIC/CBSA are no intelligence agencies. If somebody was paid a home visit, the relevant information were volunteered by a private third party.

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
spyro02 said:
How can CIC or CBSA track you by SIN if they have no legal right to obtain it? SIN and other personally identifiable information are protected under the Privacy Act. The only ways to obtain someone's SIN from Service Canada is by court order or consent of the person. There is no specific legislative authority for immigration purposes.
CIC/CBSA are no intelligence agencies. If somebody was paid a home visit, the relevant information were volunteered by a private third party.
I agree. They must get info from a party involved, like someone who knows that a 'condition 51' couple is not living together so then they gather info. But there has to be some way to police this, otherwise it's pointless.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spyro02 said:
Because they will already have the information (SIN/SSN, etc.) from the application, right? Don't you think they could use that to find out if/where either person is working, and through the employer, their home address?

Bottom line, CIC certainlly has a plan in place to follow-up if they choose to do so. Even they are not dumb enough to just trust the couple. Otherwise...why even have Condition 51.

queenpies

Jan 18, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 Apr 2014
AOR Received.
07 Aug 2014 (OPW APR: 09 Jan 2015)
I agree with the comment about having SIN number checked or something to find out your address.

This is a government thing, and to uphold the integrity of the immigration system of Canada, I think CIC or CBSA will definitely be able to find out your address no matter what.

"As a result of the introduction of conditional permanent residence, additional investigations may be undertaken in cases where there is reason to believe that the condition is not being met or has not been met. CIC plans to perform random assessments of the overall level of compliance on an ongoing basis."

Well to answer to the original question:

"If they do not remain in the relationship, the sponsored spouse’s status could be revoked."

"If the relationship breaks down, the sponsor remains financially responsible until the end of the three-year undertaking period, irrespective of the cause of the breakdown."

Source: cic.gc.ca/englisH/department/media/backgrounders/2012/2012-10-26a.asp

What the hell happened though? Maybe go see a marriage counselor or something?