+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

canada citizenship

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
I am an Indian citizen with a canada PR for several years. I wish to apply for canada citizenship but worry about having to give up Indian citizenship. I know I can get OCI card but what if I lose
Canada citizenship for some reason, will I become stateless? Will I be able to get back Indian citizenship?
Why do you think that you'll become Stateless? Are you planning to commit an illegal activity or participate in a violent crime? :p If that's not the case, then you don't have anything to be anxious about. Please STOP overthinking and follow your heart. Apply for Canadian citizenship if that's your goal and go for it.

If you wish to apply for Indian Citizenship (after becoming Canadian), then you gotta go back to India, live there for 7 years and apply for Indian citizenship formally. I don't see why anyone would go through that hassle again unless you're highly fickle-minded. For more info, check this link: https://www.wikihow.com/Become-an-Indian-Citizen

Good luck with your decisions! Make a good one and stick with it to have some peace of mind!

Kal

gingersunny

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Hey guys, can you please help me. I have a question regarding Canada citizenship, is it mandatory to give language test for Canada citizenship. International students have already given the Ielts twice, once for study visa and PR. Do we need to do this again for Citizenship? Did the fee of Canada Citizenship application gone down? can anyone please answer my query?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hey guys, can you please help me. I have a question regarding Canada citizenship, is it mandatory to give language test for Canada citizenship. International students have already given the Ielts twice, once for study visa and PR. Do we need to do this again for Citizenship? Did the fee of Canada Citizenship application gone down? can anyone please answer my query?
1. If you have done IELTs, then you don't have to do it again for citizenship.
2. No.