+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada citizenship proof of english knowledge

gnazaryan

Aug 8, 2013
Hi Experts,

I did submit the IELTS results for general module with my PR application,

Now I want to apply for the Citizenship, as 3 years have passed,

But I do not have the copy of my old IELTS results, I submitted the original copy and did not reserve a copy.

Any recommendations?
British council does not provide old results.

Regards,
Grigor

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
I took a copy and certified it back in the day as I knew that they were going to ask for it for the Citizenship. My IELTS was in 2014 and they accepted the copy I provided.

On the IRCC website it says that another valid proof is if you do the government language training and manages to pass level 4. not sure if you do a language assessment for this course and fall above level 4 will work for you but you may call IRCC and ask

taherkhan

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
I took a copy and certified it back in the day as I knew that they were going to ask for it for the Citizenship. My IELTS was in 2014 and they accepted the copy I provided.

On the IRCC website it says that another valid proof is if you do the government language training and manages to pass level 4. not sure if you do a language assessment for this course and fall above level 4 will work for you but you may call IRCC and ask
I retained a copy as well but that wasn't a certified copy. I submitted just the copy of the copy. Do you think it's sufficient? Thanks

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
I retained a copy as well but that wasn't a certified copy. I submitted just the copy of the copy. Do you think it's sufficient? Thanks
Should be good specially cause they retained the original one so they shall be able to look back into your PR application and see that it matches with the one you sent back in the day. Don't worry in any case the interview after the test is for them to check your language skills . Stop worring and sleep well ;-)

Reactions: taherkhan

taherkhan

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Should be good specially cause they retained the original one so they shall be able to look back into your PR application and see that it matches with the one you sent back in the day. Don't worry in any case the interview after the test is for them to check your language skills . Stop worring and sleep well ;-)
Thanks so much man. Unfortunately I am a perfectionist and can't sleep well until everything is 100% correct :D
You have a wonderful day! :)

Reactions: fabianonetto

JSPCAN

Oct 20, 2016
I have case .i submitted the original IELTS (taken in 2015) to WES and the accreditation was used in during my PR application in 2018.So I only have a photocopy of my that IELTS exan results.

If I submit result a photocopy of that result for now but what if I am asked to produce the original later?
OR
Should I apply to British Council for Duplicate result and use that for Citizenship application?

Best Regards
JSPCAN

blingyrie

May 10, 2017
I have case .i submitted the original IELTS (taken in 2015) to WES and the accreditation was used in during my PR application in 2018.So I only have a photocopy of my that IELTS exan results.

If I submit result a photocopy of that result for now but what if I am asked to produce the original later?
OR
Should I apply to British Council for Duplicate result and use that for Citizenship application?

Best Regards
JSPCAN
No need. Photocopy is fine ...I used same. They don’t ask for originals.

bonu

Feb 24, 2021
No need. Photocopy is fine ...I used same. They don’t ask for originals.
same thing, used my copies and no one asked for originals. To author: You can take a knowledge test in any government designated ESL facility and submit the results with your application, assuming you are not from Ontario. We are in lockdown now. You will get your test results the same day.

matlal

Apr 28, 2010
Ontario,Canada
Visa Office......
New Dehli
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 1,2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR - New Delhi - April 27,2010
File Transfer...
March 24,2010
Med's Request
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-05-2011
Passport Req..
27-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
Feb 26 2012
Hi Experts,

I did submit the IELTS results for general module with my PR application,

Now I want to apply for the Citizenship, as 3 years have passed,

But I do not have the copy of my old IELTS results, I submitted the original copy and did not reserve a copy.

Any recommendations?
British council does not provide old results.

Regards,
Grigor
I don't remember submitting my IELTS results. You need to provide proof of work history , and possibly explain it that English was used extensively at your work. Yeah I did look for my IELTS and couldn't find it. Family members are not required to take IELTS when they apply as dependants , as part of the main PR application. For my wife, it's was just proof of her work history and education that was in English. Proof of education and work should suffice. And to what other members said, they can find your results from the PR application, hopefully.

Reactions: gnazaryan