+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Biometrics in ASC while having Nunc Pro Tunc Visa Receipt Notice

srinibdm

Aug 4, 2020
Hi All,

I have received Canada biometrics letter in April but all Application Support Centers(ASC) are closed during that time. My H1B got denied in June and applied "Nunc Pro Tunc" Visa (due to emergency family conditions) and received the Receipt Notice now. So can some one suggest whether I can attend Canada biometrics based on "Nunc Pro Tunc" Visa receipt number ?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi All,

I have received Canada biometrics letter in April but all Application Support Centers(ASC) are closed during that time. My H1B got denied in June and applied "Nunc Pro Tunc" Visa (due to emergency family conditions) and received the Receipt Notice now. So can some one suggest whether I can attend Canada biometrics based on "Nunc Pro Tunc" Visa receipt number ?
Is it not opened already as i think that people are booking the slots? https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/urgent-biometrics-in-usa-in-uscis-center.614612/page-42

With H1 denied and pending on appeal, i dont think you should exit the country as i doubt that cbp will allow you to come in based on pending appeal(that too for denial). I assume that currently you dont have work authorization hence its very doubtful and dont take risk exiting the country.
Whats your employer saying?
Do you have visitor visa for Canada?

Last edited:

srinibdm

Aug 4, 2020
I am not travelling to Canada for biometrics as I do not have any visa. My question was whether I can attend any "Application Support Center (ASC)" in US to submit the biometrics for pending Canada application (H1B denied and got receipt Notice for "Nunc Pro Tunc" visa). As H1B denied I don't have work authorization now until Nunc Pro Tunc visa got approved . But the approval rate of Nunc Pro Tunc visa is very less so checking the possibility for Canada biometrics in US ASC based on my current situation ?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I am not travelling to Canada for biometrics as I do not have any visa. My question was whether I can attend any "Application Support Center (ASC)" in US to submit the biometrics for pending Canada application (H1B denied and got receipt Notice for "Nunc Pro Tunc" visa). As H1B denied I don't have work authorization now until Nunc Pro Tunc visa got approved . But the approval rate of Nunc Pro Tunc visa is very less so checking the possibility for Canada biometrics in US ASC based on my current situation ?
uscis is not immigration check post. So they should not need more than valid passport. But ask your question in that thread to see what docs they actually verified inside office.

Dua29

Jul 29, 2020
I submitted my biometrics at ASC in July 2020. They did not ask for my visa documents, only my passport. I don't think ASC cares what your US visa status is since the biometrics are for Canada immigration. I would say make an appointment and go with your passport and biometrics letter.

srinibdm

Aug 4, 2020
I submitted my biometrics at ASC in July 2020. They did not ask for my visa documents, only my passport. I don't think ASC cares what your US visa status is since the biometrics are for Canada immigration. I would say make an appointment and go with your passport and biometrics letter.
Thank you for the Information.I will also try from side.

srinibdm

Aug 4, 2020
In the ASC website it is showing as below
  • ASCs only collect biometrics
  • You must
    • already be legally in the U.S. to go to an ASC
so can you confirm do you have legal status while going to biometrics ? ASC did not ask any document but did you carry legal status document while going to biometrics ?