+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada bans flights from India and Pakistan for 30 days...

A93

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
I think I find Israeli model better than the NZ and Australian model. This is a contagious virus, even if a single case is left in the world, it can multiply. Closing borders for how long? Bans are always for buying time to improve strategy, never full time measures. Last I heard, australia had zero community spread for around 55 days, and everything was opened, no masks, no social distancing and then unfortunately after some days one(or more) case was detected.
Canada should use this ban to improve the speed of vaccination, to make its quarrantine protocols stricter and believe me it will work for everyone.
I know most of you think that I'm against bans but like I said bans are to buy time. Say, they ban for 90 days, what happens after that, they can't stay like that forever and this covid is still there in other countries, so when they reopen, unless their own population is vastly vaccinated, things go back to the way they were because covid spreads very fast.

Reactions: Sinper

marksthrow

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
Just curious if anyone knows when precisely the 30-day ban will end?
I mean what day, timezone etc.
For example if I travel on May 21 in the afternoon to Abu Dhabi, will I still need to take the "third country transit test" because it's the 30th day, but not 23:30 yet (the ban started on April 22, 23:30 btw)?

Thanks

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020
Just curious if anyone knows when precisely the 30-day ban will end?
I mean what day, timezone etc.
For example if I travel on May 21 in the afternoon to Abu Dhabi, will I still need to take the "third country transit test" because it's the 30th day, but not 23:30 yet (the ban started on April 22, 23:30 btw)?

Thanks
I am having a feeling they are gonna extend the ban

Reactions: YVR123

urjita

Star Member
Sep 24, 2018
If for 2-3 month then it's OK. Otherwise university or colleges should have to differ semester or refund our fees nothing else. Lots of money is involved. Three must be way out for international student to be quarantine. They should have data. And also they charge huge amount of fees from international student.

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
The India / Pakistan travel ban is all about preventing more cases of the B.1.617 strain from entering Canada. Obviously some have already but the aim is to prevent more because of how problematic this double mutation strain is. I agree that international students aren't at fault for the high case volumes in Ontario. But what Ontario is looking to do is to limit anything that poses a significant threat to increasing those numbers. Having said that, the whole bit about stopping international students from coming isn't real yet obviously and I'm not sure it's going to happen. If the concern is India and Pakistan and the new mutation, it makes more sense to simply ban those who are traveling with one of these countries as their original location (regardless of the transit country). That would address the concern without impacting all international students.
Pakistan situation is totally different than india regarding covid dear..just research it..why do u compare both countries? India has large numbers of covid positive cases and deaths while Pakistan is has far far less cases than that? Even Pakistan's FO has raised this issue with Canadian govt. to rethink the ban for Pakistan.

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
I did not draw comparison between the two countries and i do not want to speculate reasons as to why Pakistan flights were suspended as well. However, because of the proximinity between the two nations, either placing suspension in one country will create shifting mobility to the other as transit route and increase chances of new variant
No proximity dear and no connection between india and Pakistan..there are no flights or buses routes operating between the two countries.

Reactions: A93