+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada bans flights from India and Pakistan for 30 days...

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
So if not able to the 3-day quarantine in Toronto, will students just fly to one of the other three airports?

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
So if not able to the 3-day quarantine in Toronto, will students just fly to one of the other three airports?
most likely they will be denied entry in entry port before issuing study permit. The border office will ask you " why u are taking this route "

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
All airports that allows international flights require 3-day quaratine. Where are you planning to fly to?!
It's not only Toronto.

Reactions: scylla

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
All airports that allows international flights require 3-day quaratine. Where are you planning to fly to?!
It's not only Toronto.
its not about the 3 days hotel most students are not respecting the 11 days after the 3 days plan and they share accomdation with other people. that's huge problem. sadly there are alway small group of people that ruin things for everyone.

Reactions: Aesopzai

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
its not about the 3 days hotel most students are not respecting the 11 days after the 3 days plan and they share accomdation with other people. that's huge problem. sadly there are alway small group of people that ruin things for everyone.
They cannot share quaratine location for that 11 days after... So pretty sure in that case they lied in their quaratine plan (hide that they are sharing with other people). This is like a crazy pot to mix virus (they are from different community originally and different household) before they take them out and spread it after... :(

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
They cannot share quaratine location for that 11 days after... So pretty sure in that case they lied in their quaratine plan (hide that they are sharing with other people). This is like a crazy pot to mix virus (they are from different community originally and different household) before they take them out and spread it after... :(
You are right. you can't quarantee in shared accommodation, sad this was happening with some students to save costs

Last edited:

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
It's not only Toronto.
Winnipeg, however if Ontario bans entry then I could travel to Montreal and complete the quarantine there, then taking a flight to winnipeg

Wiggy

Dec 16, 2020
Sadly COVID is out of control in India that is why they banned direct flights from India but as I saw last night with own eyes, there was at least 50 students with Indian passports waiting for study permits having flown via Doha. If any of those were carrying the virus then if they went into shared accommodation then they might cause an outbreak. That said they should have had a pre-flight test so hopefully will be clean.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Sadly COVID is out of control in India that is why they banned direct flights from India but as I saw last night with own eyes, there was at least 50 students with Indian passports waiting for study permits having flown via Doha. If any of those were carrying the virus then if they went into shared accommodation then they might cause an outbreak. That said they should have had a pre-flight test so hopefully will be clean.
Yes, that's worry others too. these tests may produce false negative results on new variants....

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Yes, that's worry others too. these tests may produce false negative results on new variants....
We just know so little about new variants.... not sure if tests, vaccine or if the quarantine period is long enough for it...

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
And the band played on aka business as usual

And to those that don’t know what that means, google it

CoderGeek

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
These students might be from the lot that were given Student Permit way back. The reason I am saying is my friends who had applied for this Fall 2021 were asked to defer to Next Jan 2022. Most of the Consultants in India are asking Students to apply for next year. Something Positive news I have heard.

Students are not flying to spread Virus at least that is not the intention. I reckon Government should have revoked student permits or should have asked Colleges to defer academic to next year 2022 which would have closed this loophole. It's sad to see conversations like this as if Students are traveling to spread to another country. At some Point we all traveled to become residents or study here and that is exactly the intentions from these students. I agree there are few who do not follow the rules but again that cannot be attributed to entire county being wrong.

Reactions: altctrdelighted

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Winnipeg, however if Ontario bans entry then I could travel to Montreal and complete the quarantine there, then taking a flight to winnipeg
The study permit will be temporarily cancelled for international students from Ontario schools so they won't be able to board the plane.