+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada bans flights from India and Pakistan for 30 days...

Wiggy

Dec 16, 2020
There seemed to be plenty of Indian students arriving at Toronto last night. They were coming on the Qatar Airlines flight from Doha

Wiggy

Dec 16, 2020
I was arriving from London last night and there was a lot of students in the line that I was in to get my work permit who had Indian passports and were collecting study permits. They all had Qatar Airlines tags on their bags

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
i think they will ban it for some countries especially ones with high cases. at least for now until Canada finishes vaccinations
Based on how they will have to do it it seems the schools will have to ban all international students because the schools needed permission to accept international students so the only way to stop international students would be to take away the general permission..

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
i think they will ban it for some countries especially ones with high cases. at least for now until Canada finishes vaccinations
Lets say virus lifetime is 2 weeks, what if they shut down everything for 60days? I mean every flights? Looks like travellers wil continue to find any loophole

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
so far only ontario asks that as the cases their are rising and many international student were tested positive. the big question is will that affect study permit application decisions ? especially current applications

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
How long will international students be banned from entering Ontario? Also I don't understand how this is fair. Students quarantine for fourteen days and go through 2 PCR tests. Any idea when this will be lifted?

Ref- https://www.cicnews.com/2021/04/canada-to-suspend-entry-of-international-students-to-ontario-0417973.html
No one will tell you when this will be lifted. Not all students quaranteen for 14days, and there is reasons why Ontario request feds to ban all international students to ON. ON is in worst situation in public health, other provinces are sending personnel incl millitary to help with its excessive demand.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
so far only ontario asks that as the cases their are rising and many international student were tested positive. the big question is will that affect study permit application decisions ? especially current applications
It will affect and slow down applications. VFS are closed and Embassy capacity are and will be reduced to very minimal/essential resources

Reactions: YVR123

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
No one will tell you when this will be lifted. Not all students quaranteen for 14days, and there is reasons why Ontario request feds to ban all international students to ON. ON is in worst situation in public health, other provinces are sending personnel incl military to help with its excessive demand.
just read that. looks like ontario have it worst. i think the suspension will continue for at least 2 months until fall semester begins

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
just read that. looks like ontario have it worst. i think the suspension will continue for at least 2 months until fall semester begins
I agree and Could be more than that. Similar to that of Australia....but i guess they will have some exception for those who are fully vaccinated, i guess

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How long will international students be banned from entering Ontario? Also I don't understand how this is fair. Students quarantine for fourteen days and go through 2 PCR tests. Any idea when this will be lifted?

Ref- https://www.cicnews.com/2021/04/canada-to-suspend-entry-of-international-students-to-ontario-0417973.html
Nothing has been announced yet. That isn't an official government site. Our health system can't take all the people arriving with covid and people are infecting others on there way to Canada or quarantining with others and infecting them.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Nothing has been announced yet. That isn't an official government site. Our health system can't take all the people arriving with covid and people are infecting others on there way to Canada or quarantining with others and infecting them.
On the other side, CNN just reported United States are restricting flights from India starting on Tuesday. Formal announcement to follow