+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada attracts the worst not the best

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
I have been in Canada for 1 year 3 months now on a temporary work permit while I have been trying to immigrate since 2001, and let me tell you the stories I hear from people's mouths and I read on forums are going to make my hair go grey.
I have reached a point where I now believe that 90% of new immigrants are cheaters, liars, are only here to abuse the system and for wellfare.
The thoughts running through my mind about how screwed up the system is, it is mind boggling. Just today a new immigrant told me he is expecting a $2000 check per month just for living in Canada for his kids since this is the Canadian way.
I have decided that if I am not permanent by 2013, I will NOT bother applying for an extension on my temporary permit, and I will leave this country to the vultures.
Honest people get lengthy years long processing with no end in sight, cheaters and liars get it in months.
IT is not worth it. Lebanon and it's wars seem better to me than to go through that screwed up system.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regardless of place, sadly honest people always suffer, there are crooks all over the place and Canada is no exception.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Take heart, buddy. I know it's really hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but at least you have a work permit and with 2 years of work experience, you will be eligible for CEC. Besides, there is talk of changing it to 1 year, so you may be eligible sooner and if approved, you can withdraw the old application. Also, not every new immigrant is a cheater, some people are just fortunate and the system is not 100% foolproof. Try not to allow this situation to rob you of your dreams and happiness.

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
ihabkal said:
I have been in Canada for 1 year 3 months now on a temporary work permit while I have been trying to immigrate since 2001, and let me tell you the stories I hear from people's mouths and I read on forums are going to make my hair go grey.
I have reached a point where I now believe that 90% of new immigrants are cheaters, liars, are only here to abuse the system and for wellfare.
The thoughts running through my mind about how screwed up the system is, it is mind boggling. Just today a new immigrant told me he is expecting a $2000 check per month just for living in Canada for his kids since this is the Canadian way.
I have decided that if I am not permanent by 2013, I will NOT bother applying for an extension on my temporary permit, and I will leave this country to the vultures.
Honest people get lengthy years long processing with no end in sight, cheaters and liars get it in months.
IT is not worth it. Lebanon and it's wars seem better to me than to go through that screwed up system.
Sorry bro, but you are right 100%. Often hardworking immigrants take years to get their papers while others just come in and get welfare, perfect example is refugees with EU passports.

Hopefully, the Conservative government will put an end to this entitlement attitude, they are reducing a lot of these welfare freebie programs.

Yes welfare should be there for those who genuinely need it, but anyone coming to Canada just for welfare and benefits should be deported.

I believe the government will have to make cuts sooner or later, all over the Western world governments have realized that too much debts and spending is really bad in the long run.

nevenj

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
AAL1984 said:
Sorry bro, but you are right 100%. Often hardworking immigrants take years to get their papers while others just come in and get welfare, perfect example is refugees with EU passports.

Hopefully, the Conservative government will put an end to this entitlement attitude, they are reducing a lot of these welfare freebie programs.

Yes welfare should be there for those who genuinely need it, but anyone coming to Canada just for welfare and benefits should be deported.

I believe the government will have to make cuts sooner or later, all over the Western world governments have realized that too much debts and spending is really bad in the long run.
I'm sorry, but what refugees with EU passports?

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
^I am talking about the Romanian refugee claimants there are lots and Romania is a part of the
EU.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
AAL1984 said:
^I am talking about the Romanian refugee claimants there are lots and Romania is a part of the
EU.
Why Romanian going Canada when they can come to UK and claim even more benifits easily .

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ihabkal, STOP complaining, make babies and live the Canadian Way. ($2000 check per month) :p :p :p :p

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
I told him so, I said to him when you come they asked you for proof of income so for the first 6 months don't even think you're getting anything, then I told him I never heard or asked about these programs cause I am a temporary resident if I ask them they will kick me out of Canada so I don't want anything I just want to immigrate.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
ihabkal said:
I told him so, I said to him when you come they asked you for proof of income so for the first 6 months don't even think you're getting anything, then I told him I never heard or asked about these programs cause I am a temporary resident if I ask them they will kick me out of Canada so I don't want anything I just want to immigrate.
Lol if you don't want these benifits then why u wanna be perm :p

Stay temp and enjoy. As these benifits comes as a package deal with perm status .

crosstantine

Star Member
Nov 23, 2009
totally agree with you ihabkal, I've been waiting for 6 years to get my visa, I already received offers of job, but once I told them that I'm not in Canada they say that I should wait for my visa, because they will not support a temporary visa, in the meantime I read a lot of post of people saying that living from the government worth it and that you could work and get pay under the table... shame on them, and now the government will cancel our applications because of these cheaters and liars?, that's very unfair.

They should implement a law against people trying to live from the taxes of other people, just say "your visa will be evaluated once a year, if you are not working and received more than 6 months of help from the system you will be returned to your country", sounds like something that could fix the problem.

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
crosstantine said:
totally agree with you ihabkal, I've been waiting for 6 years to get my visa, I already received offers of job, but once I told them that I'm not in Canada they say that I should wait for my visa, because they will not support a temporary visa, in the meantime I read a lot of post of people saying that living from the government worth it and that you could work and get pay under the table... shame on them, and now the government will cancel our applications because of these cheaters and liars?, that's very unfair.
same situation here with work search. they all like my work but none want the hurdle, to a point where think that there are a lot of people who immigrate or come on job offers that are actually fraud too.

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
Aquib said:
Lol if you don't want these benifits then why u wanna be perm :p

Stay temp and enjoy. As these benifits comes as a package deal with perm status .
because every year I have to convince the immigration officer that I am a good fit to Canada it is like taking your university exams every single year and spend hundreds of dollars on work permits and documentation, and I can't breath without worrying.
Also I can't travel to see my family cause I don't want to go to the embassy and be treated like a dog again to get an entry visa to come back again.
Also because I am sick and tired of selling all my belongings and moving from place to place since 2000, from Lebanon to Egypt, back to Lebanon, then to the US, in the US moved 3 times after work, then back to Lebanon, then to Canada and I am thinking of going back to Lebanon if I am not perm by 2013, every move is lost income, tens of thousands of dollars in expenses, headaches, new schools for kids, a lot of paperwork including businees registration and marketing, I had enough hard work and trouble in my life as much as 4 people living 4 lifes.