+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you request to withdraw a citizenship application and reapply immediately before even getting a withdrawal confirmation from IRCC?

Anastasia_17

Jul 23, 2023
Hello! Just wondering if anyone can help with this :). I got to the final stage of my application and unfortunately an immigration officer emailed stating I had basically missed a trip on my PP calculator and to recalculate the PP and email it back to her. Long story short I did not have enough buffer days and I am now short 3 days (1092 days now). I responded to her email but its been weeks now with no response. I know that this would lead to a returned application as I do not meet the requirements. That being said, I am wondering if I should wait for her response (denial/closing application) or go ahead and withdraw then reapply *right away*- I ask this because I do not really have time on my side to wait for her response nor a withdrawal approval which I believe takes about 2 weeks minimum. I need to leave the country for a while to deal with a fam emergency and would rather put in a new application since I now have my requirement days completed with some extra buffer (If I leave the country and reapply later I will lose these days). I read that having two applications while one is still in process MAY complicate things. Is it okay to just go ahead and submit a new application WHILE my withdrawal request is STILL in process or wait for the response from IRCC before starting a new application. I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance!!