+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you recieve Bowp before PR is approved in principal?

youknowluke

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Calgary
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-11-2018
I applied for bowp after I sent my PR app for me and my common law. I am wondering if you get Bowp before you get PR approval or principle? My immigration lawyer seems to think you only get it after you get approved in principal, however reading forums some people seem to get it before. Anyone have experience with this? Do you get the bridging open work permit before you get approved in principal? My timeline is we submitted my PR app online early September along with BOWP applications, and just got medical passed update. We are on implied status now and w want to be on this for as little time as possible due to travel restrictions. Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I applied for bowp after I sent my PR app for me and my common law. I am wondering if you get Bowp before you get PR approval or principle? My immigration lawyer seems to think you only get it after you get approved in principal, however reading forums some people seem to get it before. Anyone have experience with this? Do you get the bridging open work permit before you get approved in principal? My timeline is we submitted my PR app online early September along with BOWP applications, and just got medical passed update. We are on implied status now and w want to be on this for as little time as possible due to travel restrictions. Thanks
The concept of "approval in principle" is old, it does not really apply to EE applications. If deemed eligible, IRCC can finalize your BOWPs as soon as your PR applications have passed the completeness check and are put into processing.

youknowluke

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Calgary
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-11-2018
The concept of "approval in principle" is old, it does not really apply to EE applications. If deemed eligible, IRCC can finalize your BOWPs as soon as your PR applications have passed the completeness check and are put into processing.
Thanks.