+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you re-use a CSQ for new application?

wushdishmeen

Jun 7, 2019
Hello everyone. I applied for permanent residence under the conjugal partner category and my girlfriend (Canadian citizen) sponsored me and was deemed eligible as my sponsor and approved for the Quebec undertaking and I received my CSQ. Unfortunately I was eventually refused for permanent residence because I didn’t meet conjugal partner status (stupid mistake to file that way. Live and learn)

Now my sponsor is my common law partner and we’ve established 12 months of living together and all the proof. I’m reapplying for PR under common law.

My question is, since I already have a family regroupment CSQ and I stated I already have the CSQ and gave the number in my Generic Application form, will this apply to my new application? Will this allow me to skip re-doing the whole 3 month Quebec undertaking forms and paying the fees again?

Should I also include the actual CSQ with my application? Or keep it until they request it?

I would assume if my sponsor was already eligible and I was granted a CSQ that I can skip right to the processing PR phase after the initial processing of my application.

Any help would be appreciated!