+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you migrate to Canada if you are 35 years old with current cut off scores?

Attrey

Jan 26, 2020
Hello,

I am in Express entry pool now but just turned 35 years. So do i still have any chances of successful migration with the current cutoff scores?

Thanks a ton.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I am in Express entry pool now but just turned 35 years. So do i still have any chances of successful migration with the current cutoff scores?

Thanks a ton.
Yes - it's certainly possible if you have enough points.

Reactions: scorpionrishu

Attrey

Jan 26, 2020
Thanks for such quick response. I have calculated my options and doing a masters or diploma to give me enough points again will not really work as I will loose age factor points .
Is there any other option?

Attrey

Jan 26, 2020
With >35 and no invitation from a province, you have a chance if you speak both French and English. That is my case (485 points). If you don't speak French, then you need to go for a PNP (that's why you need to know your NOC).
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/find-national-occupation-code.html
Thanks for sharing this as it contains good information that I wasn’t aware of. I am in class A as am an Architect.
But I don’t know French . So still my option of mastering it suddenly in less time is not practical . But you have given me a very good info on how to increase the points .

marinamuricy

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Your age really doesn't matter as long as you achieve the desirable score.

Of course, with 35, you must have way more qualification than people younger than 30 which make things more expensive and difficult, but not impossible.

Just use CRS calculator and see what you should do to achieve the score with the age you would have by then.

I am also in the pool and I have 33 years old. My husband is 36. I am currently working to improve my score and by the time I finish I will be 34.

Reactions: Attrey

AlvaroP

Star Member
Oct 2, 2019
You have several options. With NOC 2151 you have to find which provinces are in demand of architects, and be aware that you may fit in more than one NOC. For instance, some architects (2151) develop a career as civil engineers (2131), which is in demand in Nova Scotia (https://oneclickvisas.com/immigration-news/which-nocs-are-in-demand-in-canada/)

Another option is to find a job offer and 1) go on a year under a regular work permit, then apply for PR or 2) see if with that job offer you get to the necessary points (around 470) to get an ITA. I got an ITA at 37. Good luck!

Attrey

Jan 26, 2020
Thanks so
Your age really doesn't matter as long as you achieve the desirable score.

Of course, with 35, you must have way more qualification than people younger than 30 which make things more expensive and difficult, but not impossible.

Just use CRS calculator and see what you should do to achieve the score with the age you would have by then.

I am also in the pool and I have 33 years old. My husband is 36. I am currently working to improve my score and by the time I finish I will be 34.
Thanks so much . I am in pool now and I know points will drop drastically even if I start a masters or something bcz by the time I get in the pool again with more point my age factor will nullify it. But i am really trying to figure out which area I can focus on to get more points .

Attrey

Jan 26, 2020
You have several options. With NOC 2151 you have to find which provinces are in demand of architects, and be aware that you may fit in more than one NOC. For instance, some architects (2151) develop a career as civil engineers (2131), which is in demand in Nova Scotia (https://oneclickvisas.com/immigration-news/which-nocs-are-in-demand-in-canada/)

Another option is to find a job offer and 1) go on a year under a regular work permit, then apply for PR or 2) see if with that job offer you get to the necessary points (around 470) to get an ITA. I got an ITA at 37. Good luck!
Thanks so

Thanks so much . I am in pool now and I know points will drop drastically even if I start a masters or something bcz by the time I get in the pool again with more point my age factor will nullify it. But i am really trying to figure out which area I can focus on to get more points .
Most people told me it’s not possible to get a job offer from there unless you have a pr number. And I saw most of Job sites ask you to fill a mobile number as well. So how can I apply if am just in express entry pool only and don’t have a PR.

AlvaroP

Star Member
Oct 2, 2019
It is difficult, that is right. I tried and decided to wait until PR. But it is not impossible. If you check youtube, there are some cases and testimonies. Networking on linkedin may help, trying to talk to people in your field and understanding how's the demand and what are your chances (for instance, for software developers it is definitely possible to get a job offer from outside). For the mobile number, consider getting a Canadian number from abroad using Text Me for Android or similar apps. But I think is easier to just start talking to people on your field on LinkedIn.