+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you list two concurrent jobs that are slef employed and directly employed?

BarryOSullivan

Star Member
Dec 24, 2017
I've ran out of tables on the work history (max 15) in the application form. My work history is a jumble of jumping from in house jobs and going back to freelance.

I always work freelance to one degree or another and then I also work these directly employed jobs too.

So can I list a freelance period like 2019-12 to 2020-06 and in a table above that say for an in-house office job I worked at the same time 2020-01 to 2020-03?

Or do I have to break that up into three tables with freelancing on both sides and the office gig in the middle?

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
I've ran out of tables on the work history (max 15) in the application form. My work history is a jumble of jumping from in house jobs and going back to freelance.

I always work freelance to one degree or another and then I also work these directly employed jobs too.

So can I list a freelance period like 2019-12 to 2020-06 and in a table above that say for an in-house office job I worked at the same time 2020-01 to 2020-03?

Or do I have to break that up into three tables with freelancing on both sides and the office gig in the middle?
If you're using a business number or better else incorporated then you can (and should) have all your freelance in one line showing the whole period. If you still run out of lines, then print an annex to the form, list you extra there and provide a quick explanation. Should suffice

Reactions: BarryOSullivan

BarryOSullivan

Star Member
Dec 24, 2017
If you're using a business number or better else incorporated then you can (and should) have all your freelance in one line showing the whole period. If you still run out of lines, then print an annex to the form, list you extra there and provide a quick explanation. Should suffice
Thank you that's helpful!

Thing is, I do have a business number, but I only got that mid-way through my time being a freelancer, so do I spolit those two periods?

I've also changed addresses a bunch of times so I wonder is a new table necessary for each time I move address even though I'm freelancing just the same.

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Thank you that's helpful!

Thing is, I do have a business number, but I only got that mid-way through my time being a freelancer, so do I spolit those two periods?

I've also changed addresses a bunch of times so I wonder is a new table necessary for each time I move address even though I'm freelancing just the same.
I'd split. You filed taxes separately as a private individual and as a business.
As to the addresses the correct answer would probably be a "yes, split", but my gut tells me they won't be as much interested in that so long as you show how you worked. Your call here, but I'd split

BarryOSullivan

Star Member
Dec 24, 2017
Hey again, bit of a dumb question but this annex form - do you mean there's some kind of designated form I need to find and download or is this simply a Word doc where I just detail the extra work history tables? If it's the latter, how do you present it? Through a makeshift table similar to what's in the app form, and does it need an introduction explaining what this is or will a title at the top suffice?

Would really appreciate your help once more, thank you

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Hey again, bit of a dumb question but this annex form - do you mean there's some kind of designated form I need to find and download or is this simply a Word doc where I just detail the extra work history tables? If it's the latter, how do you present it? Through a makeshift table similar to what's in the app form, and does it need an introduction explaining what this is or will a title at the top suffice?

Would really appreciate your help once more, thank you
Just copy/paste the table from the main form into a word doc and keep filling it out. In the mail form I'd use the last line to say smth like 'see additional info in an attached annex' and in the word doc I'd cross reference it with the Q# and 'continued from the main form'

BarryOSullivan

Star Member
Dec 24, 2017
Just copy/paste the table from the main form into a word doc and keep filling it out. In the mail form I'd use the last line to say smth like 'see additional info in an attached annex' and in the word doc I'd cross reference it with the Q# and 'continued from the main form'

Thank you for that. So I was unable to copy straight from the PDF or convert the PDF to a Word (apparently the document creator put a security measure in to block this, according to a prompt from Word). What I did instead is make my own tables:
I assume this will suffice? Is it necessary for me to put anything in the main application mentioning this annex, or should I simply position it below the application in the file order when mailing?