+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you help me out assessing the below writing task -2 ?

titus_1992

Jun 10, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Q : Some people view teenage conflict with their parents as a necessary part of growing up, whilst others see it as something negative which should be avoided. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

Adolescence can be a tough time for teenagers and parents. Although some sociologists believe that a conflict of opinion can do more harm than good, I would argue that it is a fundamental component in making better decisions.

On the one hand, those who believe teenage conflict has adverse effects might argue that it will render family relationships unhealthy. This is because arguments can create tension among family members. For instance, when a teenager is caught smoking a cigarette by a parent, they ground him for the day. Such extreme measures taken by a parent creates a communication gap with their children. In contrast, if there is no conflict between adolescents and parents, there will be a much greater sense of happiness among family members.

On the other hand, my view is that this conflict is important as it is necessary to help teenagers to become better adults. This is because, by having disagreements, they learn to voice their arguments and validate them. For instance, it is common for teenagers to decide which educational stream to pursue despite of restrictions from their parents. When such crucial decisions are made, teenagers would gain experience and knowledge which will assist them later in life. If instead, they hold back from voicing their opinions; they restrict themselves from gaining knowledge and eventually make awful decisions in life.

In conclusion, despite the adverse effects that teenage conflicts can have on families, it is my firm belief that this rough time can be favorable for making better choices in life.