+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you go on vacation before PR is approved?

canadiangirl

Jan 25, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I am sponsoring my common law husband who is originally from Ireland (I'm a Canadian citizen). We sent in our application (inland) and from checking out the wait times it wont be ready until Feb/March next year. We were hoping to go to the Domincan Republic at the end of January for a friends wedding. Is there any way he would be able to leave the country and come back before his permanent residence is approved? Is there any kind of forms you can obtain so that he can leave and come back??

I have our reciept for payment that was sent in with our application...but I dont want to take any chances (everytime i call CIC it tells me theres too many callers then disconnects me!)

Any help/advice/experiences would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
u can but not advised. u might be not allowed to enter Canada when u coming back.for some reason. they might think of any reason, plus if they have a bad day at the border. so gotta be prepared mentally. and if u are not allowed back in, ur application is automatically gone. so its on ur own risk. have all the papers with u. copy of application, receipts and stuff.

Lila

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiangirl said:
Hi Everyone,

I am sponsoring my common law husband who is originally from Ireland (I'm a Canadian citizen). We sent in our application (inland) and from checking out the wait times it wont be ready until Feb/March next year. We were hoping to go to the Domincan Republic at the end of January for a friends wedding. Is there any way he would be able to leave the country and come back before his permanent residence is approved? Is there any kind of forms you can obtain so that he can leave and come back??

I have our reciept for payment that was sent in with our application...but I dont want to take any chances (everytime i call CIC it tells me theres too many callers then disconnects me!)

Any help/advice/experiences would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Yes, Asta is correct. As well, if you apply inland and for some reason leave Canada and is not allowed to re-enter there will be no chance of an appeal, that's it. My hubby's mom is ill and I'd ask CIC if in the event there was an emergency and he had to leave if he would be allowed back in and they said it's at the discretion of the IO, they can't say. So, we decided to apply outland, couldn't take that chance!