+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can you get a study permit even if you are only enrolled in an english course at the DLI?

Discussion in 'Education' started by criveros, Aug 3, 2019.

  1. It means the institution has to give him an acceptance letter to do the course. That being said, it will be very hard to get a visa for an english language course alone. There is absolutely no need to travel to Canada for that. You can learn English anywhere,
  2. International students get study visas all the time to attend English Schools. It's extremely common.

    What I want to know is if they can also get the note on the visa allowing them to work 20 hours a week.
  3. #4 Bs65, Aug 4, 2019 at 4:50 AM
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    Depends how you interpret the guidelines whether a stand alone English language course is classified as meeting criteria, personally would think not as there is no actual qualification or academic diploma as such at the end other assume a completion certificate plus not technically post secondary education. Would it be classified as academic, vocational or professional not so sure.


    In fact clearly says in above link If only enrolled in English as second language program does not authorise work
    Copingwithlife likes this.
  4. Seems their main goal is to work, versus learning the language of the course they’ve signed up for

Share This Page