+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you change you NOC after ITA?

kpapneja

Aug 2, 2016
My primary NOC code is 5121 (copywriting) with three years of experience which qualifies me for EE. I also have 1.5 years of experience in Online Marketing (content, social media, SEO etc.), which I had added in the work experience section in EE. I have chosen 0124 for this experience as it aligns more with my responsibilities. Now after ITA, I feel I should have chosen 1123, as 0124 is for management positions.

Please suggest what should I do? Should I change the NOC before submitting my file and explain the situation in LOE or 0124 seems better? Should you change your NOC (not primary) at all after ITA?

My job responsibilities as given on reference letter.

Marketing Associate - Content & Social media

• Boosting traffic by using social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google +, Flipboard, StumbleUpon etc.
• Administering paid campaigns over social media and creating ROI reports
• Bringing user generated content such as guest posts, industry reports, interviews, startup profiles etc.
• Associating with industry events to boost brand promotion
• Assisting with email marketing and increase database using LinkedIn
• Writing news-worthy content to boost engagement
• Copyediting content before publishing
• Writing advertising material for social media campaigns
• Creating graphics and images to support branding campaigns and blog posts

Online Marketing Executive

• Coordinating with marketing team to create effective online marketing strategies
• Optimizing websites for better search rankings and manage paid campaigns
• Using email marketing to accelerate traffic to web properties
• Generating leads using different online tools as Discoverorg and Jigsaw
• Writing and copyediting marketing material such as articles, guest posts, case studies, white papers, marketing collaterals, product descriptions, presentations, Meta tags etc.
• Coordinating with in-house writers and review their content to ensure quality
• Performing online marketing activities to boost traffic such as business listings, blog comments, search engine campaigns etc.