+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you apply student Visa and dependent visa together?

nathahakck

Sep 1, 2018
Hello Seniors

My wife plan to apply for her masters in this January and we kind o hesitating for it since we heard that sometimes canada not allow spouse to come to the country. Can someone please explain me the exact process of it and whether i can go together with her to canada with spouse VISA with same time as her?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There seems to be a few different people using this account. Yes spouses of international students are not guaranteed permits or visas. It does tend to be easier for masters and PhD students. If your wife will not attend the program unless you can accompany you I would submit your SOWP with her study permit application. The process takes a bit longer than just waiting to hear about the study permit. One of the things you will need to do is show that you have the extra funds for another person.

Reactions: nathahakck

nathahakck

Sep 1, 2018
There seems to be a few different people using this account. Yes spouses of international students are not guaranteed permits or visas. It does tend to be easier for masters and PhD students. If your wife will not attend the program unless you can accompany you I would submit your SOWP with her study permit application. The process takes a bit longer than just waiting to hear about the study permit. One of the things you will need to do is show that you have the extra funds for another person.
We can manage funds . Actually I will be able to apply for pr also by end of this year but my wife couldn't wait till that since her studies are more important than that

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We can manage funds . Actually I will be able to apply for pr also by end of this year but my wife couldn't wait till that since her studies are more important than that
The fact that you are both applying for PR may result in her study permit being denied. She must prove that she will not remain in Canada to get approved for the study permit which doesn’t make sense if you are applying for PR. Would delay and at least save some money on tuition.

Reactions: nathahakck

nathahakck

Sep 1, 2018
The fact that you are both applying for PR may result in her study permit being denied. She must prove that she will not remain in Canada to get approved for the study permit which doesn’t make sense if you are applying for PR. Would delay and at least save some money on tuition.
I meant to say end of next year I have enough points for pr .2020 . So it will probably be 2021 April by latest . So I thought we could atleast settle somewhat when I can apply pr