+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAN YOU APPLY FROM COUNTRY OF CITIZENSHIP RATHER THAN RESIDENCE???

misspepper

May 1, 2013
If you are an overseas worker / expat, is it possible to submit an application from your country of citizenship rather than your current country of residence where you are currently living and working?

Need expert advise on this please.

Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

misspepper said:
If you are an overseas worker / expat, is it possible to submit an application from your country of citizenship rather than your current country of residence where you are currently living and working?

Need expert advise on this please.

Thank you.
Yes.

layla.bee

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Not Req'd
File Transfer...
Jan 2014
Med's Request
Jun 25, 2015
Med's Done....
Jun 26, 2015
Interview........
N/A, Addition Doc Request: Jul24, Doc sent and rec'd by CIC: Aug 14, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
PMM said:
My sister is studying in Malaysia, graduating in Dec. She wants to apply for student visa and start uni in canada in Jan 2014. Can she apply for Student visa from Pakistan which is home country instead of country of residence? I think there are more chances to have visa from home country then country of residence.

misspepper

May 1, 2013
PMM said:
Hi PMM,

Thanks for your answer. Does that mean that if I am currently living and working in UAE, I can still send my paper application in the Philippines since it is my country of Citizenship? Won't the Canadian Embassy in the Philippines question me as to why I am applying there instead of the country where I am currently based? Thanks again! :)