+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we travel on COPR?

Mar 18, 2022
Hello all,

I became PR in Sep 2015 and was issued COPR at that time. Of course, at that time, a single entry visa was given along with COPR for travel purposes, followed by the PR card.

Now, my problem is that my PR card is expired, so the airlines, obviously, won't allow me to travel with an expired PR card. My question is can I travel and enter Canada by air with my COPR issued in 2015? Reason I am asking this question is because I read news articles and IRCC tweets which stated that due to the pandemic chaos, Canada government has asked the airlines to allow people to board the plane with COPR.

Please guide me.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello all,

I became PR in Sep 2015 and was issued COPR at that time. Of course, at that time, a single entry visa was given along with COPR for travel purposes, followed by the PR card.

Now, my problem is that my PR card is expired, so the airlines, obviously, won't allow me to travel with an expired PR card. My question is can I travel and enter Canada by air with my COPR issued in 2015? Reason I am asking this question is because I read news articles and IRCC tweets which stated that due to the pandemic chaos, Canada government has asked the airlines to allow people to board the plane with COPR.

Please guide me.
No. you need to apply PRTD to travel back to Canada....

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello all,

Please guide me.
You need either a valid PRTD or a valid PR card to be able to board a plane. Your alternative is to fly to the US and then re-enter Canada through a land border. No, you will not be allowed to board with just a COPR.

You have misunderstood the IRCC tweets and announcements regarding traveling with a COPR only. This refers to people who are landing for the first time in Canada to become PRs. It does not apply to your situation.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello all,

Please guide me.
1/ No, you need either a PR card or PRTD . You can cross into Canada from the US with your COPR.