+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we take the test outside Canada ?

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Hello,

I’ve seen people post on fb and on here that they were able to take the test from outside Canada ! Did or can someone call IRCC to confirm this information ?

Im worried as I don’t want to reschedule my test and I can’t call them since I’m outside Canada !
Thank you very much !

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
Hello,

I’ve seen people post on fb and on here that they were able to take the test from outside Canada ! Did or can someone call IRCC to confirm this information ?

Im worried as I don’t want to reschedule my test and I can’t call them since I’m outside Canada !
Thank you very much !
You have to be physically in Canada

Reactions: YVR123

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
It seems some people have been able to take the test from outside Canada !!
It seems like or they lied and said they are in Canada but then how would they return without a valid pr card? Only if they are US citizens I guess. But 1 of the requirements is that you must be physically present.

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
It seems like or they lied and said they are in Canada but then how would they return without a valid pr card? Only if they are US citizens I guess. But 1 of the requirements is that you must be physically present.
Someone posted a screenshot of IRCC replying back saying they can take the test outside Canada . I don’t think they’re lying . I can’t post a picture on here but they screenshoted the answer !!
someone else called and was told there was a change on June 19.

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
Someone posted a screenshot of IRCC replying back saying they can take the test outside Canada . I don’t think they’re lying . I can’t post a picture on here but they screenshoted the answer !!
someone else called and was told there was a change on June 19.
Please share an official link with this information. Saw/was told/heard is not what you are looking for. You need an official source for this.

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
You can conatct your Local Visa office, I saw some other forum who said she took it outside after contacting the Local office that sent the Invite. We can;t say it's a Lie and we can't say if it was correct. You can try to conatc the visa office and see what they would suggest.

My invite has the details asking to conatc the visa office if need to take outside Canada. I posted myInvitation detailsin the thread below.

you can verify the thread for more info

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-test-from-outside-canada.736512/#post-9508032

Nevine.Kassem
Star Member

Sunday at 4:23 AM
I did it from outside Canada. I sent an email to the office that sent me the test invitation and they responded in 30 minutes saying that it was okay