+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we submit passport for TRV stamping to a different VAC and country?

urstrulyaddy

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Hello, my spouse got the passport request letter last week for her TRV application in India. With current lockdown and curfew in New Delhi, India, the 2-way courier passport submission is closed. She has to travel to the USA soon. I was wondering if you can submit the passport at New York VAC office for TRV stamping instead when she's in NYC. Is this possible? Can anyone guide with this regard?

thementor

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hello, my spouse got the passport request letter last week for her TRV application in India. With current lockdown and curfew in New Delhi, India, the 2-way courier passport submission is closed. She has to travel to the USA soon. I was wondering if you can submit the passport at New York VAC office for TRV stamping instead when she's in NYC. Is this possible? Can anyone guide with this regard?
In same boat as yours. Do you have an update?

catmeow

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-06-2017
Med's Request
21-06-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2017
Yes, you can. I have tried it.

baranoth

Star Member
Jun 15, 2022
Yes, absolutely. I applied for PR in India. I moved to Dubai 1 year later and got PPR there. Submitted my passport at VFS Dubai and it was stamped without any hassle.

Reactions: zuhsha

zuhsha

Apr 6, 2022
Yes, absolutely. I applied for PR in India. I moved to Dubai 1 year later and got PPR there. Submitted my passport at VFS Dubai and it was stamped without any hassle.
Is the same process or did you have to take some additional steps for this?

urstrulyaddy

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Late Update : I was able to do this successfully at VFS NY!

MANAL KHAN

Aug 27, 2020
Late Update : I was able to do this successfully at VFS NY!
Hello! Can you please tell me the process of submitting the passport in the US for stamping? My parents applied from Pakistan and are traveling to the US soon so I am trying to understand the process.

urstrulyaddy

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Hello! Can you please tell me the process of submitting the passport in the US for stamping? My parents applied from Pakistan and are traveling to the US soon so I am trying to understand the process.
You have to follow the instructions in VFS NY website to submit passport. I do not have the link handy, but you can lookup.

fred21

Jul 7, 2020
UAE
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi All,

I am a dependant living in UAE and my Primary Applicant is in India,
I planned to take my spouse from India to UAE under Residence Visa,
The visa work was nearing completion and we had bought a ticket for her to visit the UAE on November 1st week she saw in the tracker COPR number created, GCkey has no updates, and the expiration date is April 2024.
The primary visa office is in Ottawa, while the subsidiary office is in New Delhi.
I checked with VFS Global in the UAE, and they stated she may submit her passport anywhere.
So our issue is whether she can fly to the UAE, and if informing the IRCC would cause any delays in the procedure.
She has no prior travel history outside of India, and we need to notify the IRCC once she arrives, and what is the protocol for doing so and updating the address?

Thanks in Advance