+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we Submit Passport at US address?

sachin80

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Hi All,

I recently received the PPR email to submit the passport. It gives me only 1 option to send the passport to the Canada address. I don't see any option of submitting to any location in US.

Can anyone please advise if there are any alternatives like submitting the passport at Canada Embassy in NY or some other place?

Any help on this is really appreciated !!

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Mostly no..

But I have heard that someone had success submitting at NY embassy, but no guarantee and your miles may vary. You can call and check with them.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi All,

I recently received the PPR email to submit the passport. It gives me only 1 option to send the passport to the Canada address. I don't see any option of submitting to any location in US.

Can anyone please advise if there are any alternatives like submitting the passport at Canada Embassy in NY or some other place?

Any help on this is really appreciated !!
There should not be any problem sending passport to Canada and receiving it back.
I sent to Canada through ups express (with the return ups express envelope along with passports) and received the passports without any issue. Within US and Canada, there is no issue in sending/receiving passports. Dont worry about finding alternatives.

Only India gives problem sending/receiving passports from/to India.

sachin80

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Sure Thank you everyone for your suggestions !!

Will check and see if finding NY address is easy.. If not will send it to Canada address..

One question on a different note - I have taken the photos from CVS. There are many instructions of things to be written on the back of photo.

Do you know if CVS will hand write or stamp the information on the back of the photo? and also as far as my personal information is concerned, do i just write that with pen,pencil.. any preference?

ShreeS

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Sure Thank you everyone for your suggestions !!

Will check and see if finding NY address is easy.. If not will send it to Canada address..

One question on a different note - I have taken the photos from CVS. There are many instructions of things to be written on the back of photo.

Do you know if CVS will hand write or stamp the information on the back of the photo? and also as far as my personal information is concerned, do i just write that with pen,pencil.. any preference?
Could you get NY address? Or you sent it to Canada address only?