+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we submit correct forms to CIO before the processing starts?

drunkhead

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa Pilot Processing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-sep-2011
AOR Received.
24-oct-2011
Med's Request
24-oct-2011
Passport Req..
4-jan-2012
LANDED..........
28-jan-2012
Hi,

I am asking this question on behalf of a friend, who sent his initial application to CIO in may this yr. Today after he showed me his submitted forms, we found out that he forget to check mark question 10 in "Application for Permanent Residence form", where it asks if you were previously married or not? The answer is "NO", but he forgot to check mark it. He is really worried now, because CIO might send his application back as to be incomplete.

CIO, Sydney is currently processing April 2010 applications, his application received date at CIO is May 03, 2010. So the question is,
Is it possible if he resend that single form, after making a correction in it "question 10", and writing a request application with it, that his application will be considered and attached with the already sent form, and processed under old rules?

I would appreciate if any can through some light on this issue with experience ......

Thanks

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drunkhead said:
Hi,

I am asking this question on behalf of a friend, who sent his initial application to CIO in may this yr. Today after he showed me his submitted forms, we found out that he forget to check mark question 10 in "Application for Permanent Residence form", where it asks if you were previously married or not? The answer is "NO", but he forgot to check mark it. He is really worried now, because CIO might send his application back as to be incomplete.

CIO, Sydney is currently processing April 2010 applications, his application received date at CIO is May 03, 2010. So the question is,
Is it possible if he resend that single form, after making a correction in it "question 10", and writing a request application with it, that his application will be considered and attached with the already sent form, and processed under old rules?

I would appreciate if any can through some light on this issue with experience ......

Thanks
Hi drunkhead,

Just answering your question by following logic and current trend of processing.

Since the April applications are being processed now, you can send the corrected version of the form with an attached letter. You can add on the envelope as Attn: Corrected form for XXX (name) and NOC code (XXX). That's the best I could think of.

Hope this works for your friend.

Mitali