+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we sponsor parents who have pre-existing illness ?

ashwani.m

Feb 5, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
Hi all,

Will there by any problem if we sponsor our parents who do not have their health in perfect condition? What if one of the parent has kidney related issues? WE can't leave him back in home country as he is not well? Any way out? Will he become inadmissible due to medical reason?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
It will all depend on how much they determine the cost of care will be (medical inadmissibility). If one parent is refused, both will be refused. And you can’t apply for only one.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi all,

Will there by any problem if we sponsor our parents who do not have their health in perfect condition? What if one of the parent has kidney related issues? WE can't leave him back in home country as he is not well? Any way out? Will he become inadmissible due to medical reason?
There is no garantee on bringing your parents to Canada.
They could be inadmissible depending on their health condition (not just healthy or sick but on how much their condition will cost for treatement) but they may be OK. There is possibility on both cases.

We cannot tell from here. If you cannot leave him back in home country then you need to reconsider living in Canada.
Also PGP have been changing the last few years. No one really know what is going to happen in the next few years.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How about bringing your parents under the super visa programme?

You will pay for their health expenses while their stay in Canada for up to 2 years.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If your parent has a kidney condition that currently requires dialysis or is likely to need dialysis in the future there is a high likelihood of refusal. If receiving dialysis even a supervisa would be unlikely. The cost of care is substantial. Bringing parents too Canada is far from guaranteed. The Canadian medical system can not service the current population so there is likely to be pushback about bringing more seniors to Canada. Remember that you are immigrating by choice and that involves leaving your parents. As others have said if you can’t leave your parents then moving to Canada may not be a good option.

krsna05

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-8-2014
Doc's Request.
12-5-2015
Med's Request
26-5-2015
Med's Done....
10-6-2015 TLU
Passport Req..
13-08-2015
Any idea if high bp and sugar affects application for parents pr application.... My father has blood pressure and sugar... he is taking medicine since 10 yrs

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Any idea if high bp and sugar affects application for parents pr application.... My father has blood pressure and sugar... he is taking medicine since 10 yrs
All depends on the severity. Kidney disease given his profile is very lucky and that would be the thing to be most worried about.

AskG

Sep 24, 2019
Hi all,
I am new here and I need any idea about if my father lung cancer makes my parents application to reject PR application and If they will receive medical inadmission because of lung cancer which we just found in medical examinations?
Please let me know ASAP