+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we send REFERENCE LETTER later - after receiving PER

harryy

Feb 10, 2009
Can we send Reference letter (with responsibilities) later - after receiving PER. Earlier company refused to provide but tried again and got it!!

Please advice.

harryy

Feb 10, 2009
immanuelluna said:
no, you need to submit reference letter together with your application. CIO needs to evaluate that before issuing PER. If you didnt include that letter your application will b deemed incomplete and aplications will b returned.
Thanks dear for your quick response BUT PER is already received, I am asking after PER Received can we send (to local VO) reference letter for one of the past employers...

harryy

Feb 10, 2009
harryy said:
Thanks dear for your quick response BUT PER is already received, I am asking after PER Received can we send (to local VO) reference letter for one of the past employers...
Advise please

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
harryy said:
Once PER is received and file is transferred to VO, VO will normally ask for document update (aka AOR)..wait for VO to request for these documents. It might not even be necessary for submitting another reference letter. All the best!
*Mandie*

harryy

Feb 10, 2009
mandiebraxton said:
Once PER is received and file is transferred to VO, VO will normally ask for document update (aka AOR)..wait for VO to request for these document. It might not even be necessary for submitting another reference letter. All the best!
*Mandie*
Thanks Mandie, it helps.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
hi harryy
if you get PER you can always send additional documents to visa office such as(PPC,updated reference letter...)
if your initial reference letter didn't include responsabilities on it then i strongly recommend you to send the new one that you just got,this will help a lot for the visa officer assesing your application to determine your job duties and responsabilities.
dont forget to mention your file number,date of birth,name,uci number when sending additional documents to cic.
also depends on the the via office you choose in ur application you may want to wait for them to send you the AOR( acknowldgment of reciept),if your visa office is ottawa then just go ahead they don't really issue an AOR and you can opt for the file number issued by CIO from sydney nova scotia.
good luck

harryy

Feb 10, 2009
canadavisa13 said:
hi harryy
if you get PER you can always send additional documents to visa office such as(PPC,updated reference letter...)
if your initial reference letter didn't include responsabilities on it then i strongly recommend you to send the new one that you just got,this will help a lot for the visa officer assesing your application to determine your job duties and responsabilities.
dont forget to mention your file number,date of birth,name,uci number when sending additional documents to cic.
also depends on the the via office you choose in ur application you may want to wait for them to send you the AOR( acknowldgment of reciept),if your visa office is ottawa then just go ahead they don't really issue an AOR and you can opt for the file number issued by CIO from sydney nova scotia.
good luck
Thanks canadavisa13 for your impressing opinion.