+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we print photos ourselves?

kumakuma

Sep 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all

I'm applying from Japan to sponsor my wife. My 4 year old son already has his Canadian citizenship, so he isn't included but he does need photos as my wife and I do. I understand the total number is 14 photos for each person, right? My wife and I will have ours done at a photo studio soon, but my son had his done just a few months ago when we renewed his passport. Instead of paying to have the studio print them, we were planning to print them out ourselves at home. Obviously we will use photographic paper, and ensure the dimensions are proper.

Is there anything that says this is not allowed? I couldn't find it. We don't need any stamps or anything from the photographer, and the orginal we are printing from was taken for his passport.
Thanks!

kathsimbev

Apr 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2009
Sorry but why do you need photos of you and your son? Myself and our daughter are Canadien Citizen and we are applying for me to sponsor my husband but nowhere have I seen that we need our photographs taken...

kumakuma

Sep 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
in the immigrant's guide (IMM 3999), appendix "a", it says that all family members need to submit nine photos.

colsy

Star Member
Mar 27, 2009
I have heard of people doing their own pictures. I think if measurements are adhered to then it should be fine.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kumakuma said:
in the immigrant's guide (IMM 3999), appendix "a", it says that all family members need to submit nine photos.
No, it says "all family members included in your application". You are not included in your wife's application because you are already a Canadian citizen, so you don't need to include your photos for sure. If your son is already a Canadian citizen, you don't need his photos either.

colsy

Star Member
Mar 27, 2009
To be honest, for such a small detail and if you are unsure just send the photos anyway. It certainly won't have a negative impact on the application.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
in our country they always do it that way in photo shops

kathsimbev

Apr 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2009
ariell said:
kumakuma said:
No, it says "all family members included in your application". You are not included in your wife's application because you are already a Canadian citizen, so you don't need to include your photos for sure. If your son is already a Canadian citizen, you don't need his photos either.
This is correct, it's only if they are included in the application so as yourself and your son are Canadian Citizen it is not needed.