+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can we go to USA after applying PR card ?

jaydipal

Star Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All .... . :)

our situation is that we are waiting for PP to come back after stamping ....
my wife is main applicant and i am her spouse.

once both of us land there in CANADA after that

1) can she go to USA for 20 days (she is H1 Visa holder) after applying for PR Card OR she should remain there in CANADA till our PR card comes to our given address ?
if she wants to go, is there any thing like Travel Document or other process helped by canadian government ?

pls help us all.... :)

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaydipal said:
Hello All .... . :)

our situation is that we are waiting for PP to come back after stamping ....
my wife is main applicant and i am her spouse.

once both of us land there in CANADA after that

1) can she go to USA for 20 days (she is H1 Visa holder) after applying for PR Card OR she should remain there in CANADA till our PR card comes to our given address ?
if she wants to go, is there any thing like Travel Document or other process helped by canadian government ?

pls help us all.... :)
Hi!

Yes your wife can go to USA without a PR card and come back.

There are two options. Check this link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=064&t=10

I need to leave Canada and I do not have a PR card. Can I later return to Canada without a PR card?

1) If you return to Canada in a private vehicle, such as your own car, you do not need a permanent resident card. You can use your Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688) instead. You would have received these documents at the same time as your visa if you were an overseas applicant or when you landed at your local visa office if you applied from within
Canada. An officer will ask you questions to make sure you meet all of the residency requirements before allowing you to come back to Canada.

2) If you plan to return to Canada in a commercial vehicle — such as a plane, train, boat or bus — you must apply for a travel document for permanent residents at a Canadian visa office abroad before returning to Canada. The travel document is only valid for one entry.

How to get a travel document

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp