+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we get VISA approval without IELTS

May 1, 2019
Dear Fellas,

It seems like I am about to receive acceptance two universities and both of them waived my language proficiency test ?
Let me produce my profile synopsis,
1. Have Indian masters - Mechanical (in recognized institute of Anna university) with 9.3CGPA graduated in 2011.
8 years of professional experience in the Automotive virtual product development (Core MECH domain) - No break after graduation.
Produced medium of instruction as English for language proficiency proof for my entire post secondary studies.
4. Applied for M.Eng in Industrial system (Higher studies that enhances my Profession experience)

For general student VISA application, Do I need to produce IETLS scorecard?
FYI, In Canada official website it is mentioned that to apply for student VISA, we need to have following docs,
1. University acceptance
2. Proof of funds
3. SOP
4. Valid passport
(Note: No word about IELTS)

Thanks for your prompt response.

Warm regards,
Saravana

Last edited:

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You should really take break, that's not good for your health.
IELTS is officially required if you want to apply under SDS for other streams you should check the paper based application package and visa office requirements.
Even when it is not mentioned I would say it is a hidden requirement and you can get rejected for not having it same as "optional" SOP.

Reactions: Saravanakumarsekar
May 1, 2019
I already tried General IELTS bro... my score LRWS - 6/7/6.5/7 (failed to get CLB 9:mad:)
Coz of work pressure, I couldn't concentrate on IETLS.
Either I have to quit my job for sometime or I need to join university that offers me an admission without IELTS ;).
To be in safer side, decided to go with student visa first... If my VISA get rejected, I will try IELTS General. Suggestions are welcomed for this decision :).

dreamy2536

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dhaka VFS
App. Filed.......
27-11-2017
Doc's Request.
30-11-2017 [Additional documents]
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
01-12-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
Expected 30-06-2018
IELTS is not a mandatory by the Immigration. However, it increases the chances for your visa approval. If you don't have IELTS you should attach a statement with explanation.
I didn't provide IELTS because my University had waived it and I submitted the letter with my application.
All the best