+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we get an extension of biometrics due to appointment issues?

PSVRao

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
We received biometric letter yesterday and when we tried to book an appointment the earliest date was 10.11.2021, which is beyond 30 days. Should I submit webform or is my biometric letter validity extended automatically during these COVID days??

PSVRao

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
I will submit a webform for both myself and my wife. In case I donot receive a reply by 10.11.2021, can we go and give our biometrics??

StudyCanada12

Sep 23, 2021
I will submit a webform for both myself and my wife. In case I donot receive a reply by 10.11.2021, can we go and give our biometrics??
Yes, I asked my agent yesterday and as per current covid guidelines, it automatically gets extended. But for safer side, raise the webform.

PSVRao

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
My wife has given her biometrics but they were not captured as her fingers have worn out. The concerned visa official has mentioned in the remarks column that it is due to old age. Now my question is if she is asked to apply for biometrics again and she faces the same issue what is the fate of her application? Secondly, whether she has to book again for biometrics or she can walk into the visa office and give her biometrics??

venkigowda

Oct 13, 2018
I submitted a webform but I heard that CIC doesnt send back any mail. So I advised my parents to get it done. I now see the biometrics info for both of them on CIC but it still says "We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details."
Biometrics enrolment date: September 22, 2021

PSVRao

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Does the bio information reflect in the gckey account?? In some cases, approval of biometrics will take some time. Nothing to worry. As long as your biometrics info is updated in gckey and you have not received any mail to redo the biometrics, it is fine! My wife gave her bio on 10th November and they got uploaded on 19th as her fingerprints were not captured properly due to old age! They were referred to IRCC for approval. We got our visa approved and stamped by 29th November, by the way!

ashwin.metpalli

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Hello everyone, my brother's wife got a biometric request letter on March 30th with a deadline of May 1st but she did not make it by that timeline and did not also request a webform.
My brother just realized it and sent a webform now (17 days after due date) mentioning the underlying health issues on behalf of his wife and scheduled the VFS biometric appointment on 20th May.

Will there be any hurdles while giving the biometrics and any issues because of the delayed webform raised? (Also, can she use the initial biometric request letter for the appointment?)

Appreicate your help in advance. Thank you

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hello everyone, my brother's wife got a biometric request letter on March 30th with a deadline of May 1st but she did not make it by that timeline and did not also request a webform.
My brother just realized it and sent a webform now (17 days after due date) mentioning the underlying health issues on behalf of his wife and scheduled the VFS biometric appointment on 20th May.

Will there be any hurdles while giving the biometrics and any issues because of the delayed webform raised? (Also, can she use the initial biometric request letter for the appointment?)

Appreicate your help in advance. Thank you
Please give Biometric ASAP , and until file is not opened by IRCC case worker you are ok to give biometric
Webform is good but Just hope case worker don't open your file before you submit the Biometric.

You are lucky because of backlog anyway most probably your file will not be touched soon

Good Luck

ashwin.metpalli

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Please give Biometric ASAP , and until file is not opened by IRCC case worker you are ok to give biometric
Webform is good but Just hope case worker don't open your file before you submit the Biometric.

You are lucky because of backlog anyway most probably your file will not be touched soon

Good Luck
Biometrics were given at VFS center yesterday. Hope it reaches them soon. Thank you for a quick response, that really helps!

One follow-up question. My brother was asked to submit his wife's document by May 31st but he cannot make few of them ready by that time. Can he submit whatever he has by May 31st and then submit the rest using a webform like a week later?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Biometrics were given at VFS center yesterday. Hope it reaches them soon. Thank you for a quick response, that really helps!

One follow-up question. My brother was asked to submit his wife's document by May 31st but he cannot make few of them ready by that time. Can he submit whatever he has by May 31st and then submit the rest using a webform like a week later?
Please submit all Documents together,
As you said all documents are not ready by deadline, No Issue
Please submit a Webform stating reason , why you are delaying ,(This is good as you will have answer thats you already informed IRCC)

Please try to submit all Document ASAP

Good Luck