+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we get an extension of biometrics due to appointment issues?

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
My parents have applied for a visitor visa from India & I believe within couple of days of their submission, they got a letter from IRCC for biometrics that was dated on June 9th.

Due to technical difficulties, they were not able to book an appointment but were able to do so today & they have an appointment for September 24th in Chandigarh which you can see falls out of 90 day limit for biometrics.

Can we get an extension for biometrics from IRCC citing appointment issues? I believe it's a matter of submitting the web form but I just want to confirm.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My parents have applied for a visitor visa from India & I believe within couple of days of their submission, they got a letter from IRCC for biometrics that was dated on June 9th.

Due to technical difficulties, they were not able to book an appointment but were able to do so today & they have an appointment for September 24th in Chandigarh which you can see falls out of 90 day limit for biometrics.

Can we get an extension for biometrics from IRCC citing appointment issues? I believe it's a matter of submitting the web form but I just want to confirm.
IRCC is aware of delays and usually give everyone automatic extensions in these types of cases. Would look at the VFStwitter account for your area or Indian consulate twitter. Assume you are not the only one asking about whether everyone is getting an extension due to biometric backlogs. They don’t want everyone contacting them requesting an extension.

Ojmai

Jul 15, 2021
Hi, I got my BIL (Biometrics instructions letter) today Jul 15, and need an appointment before Aug 14. The earliest appointment I could book was Aug 26. How do I book earlier? Or how do I inform CIC about the appointment issue which is after 30 days? Thanks.

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Hi, I got my BIL (Biometrics instructions letter) today Jul 15, and need an appointment before Aug 14. The earliest appointment I could book was Aug 26. How do I book earlier? Or how do I inform CIC about the appointment issue which is after 30 days? Thanks.
You can use the webform like one of the posters suggested.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
IRCC is aware of the delays. I am pretty sure everyone has already been granted extensions since this will impact a lot of people. Suggest you look at the twitter for Indian consulate and VFS. Sure the question has been asked numerous times.