+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we exceed the maximum of 20 photos in the application?

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Where did you get the "10 pages maximum"? It doesn't specify that in the question that asks "Is there any other supporting documentation you wish to provide?"
I am sure the 5532 form says is there more information you wish to share to support your relationship not what you said. Besides the 10 page limit is mentioned in the checklist.

Reactions: Kevin L

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
I am sure the 5532 form says is there more information you wish to share to support your relationship not what you said. Besides the 10 page limit is mentioned in the checklist.
The 10-page limit mentioned in the checklist falls under the section that you'd check off if you answered NO to this question:

a) Are you and your common-law currently living together?
Yes: You must provide the following documentation. Choose at least 2 of the following:
-We ticked off the boxes for rental agreement, proof of joint utility accounts, vehicle insurance, copies of government issued documents, and other documents like joint bank accounts because we moved into our own place November 1st 2018.

We are providing additional documentation for the period from June-September 2018 where we traveled together by bicycle, and September-November 2018 where we lived with my parents until we found a place.

m_garcia

Jun 25, 2017
It says in the application "Provide a maximum of 20 photos taken at different times in your relationship to prove that it is genuine".

However we want to create our own package in the "Is there any additional information you want to include?" with pictures and screenshots showing that indeed we have been living together for a year (to qualify for common-law relationship) even though we didn't have an address (we were traveling for a few months via bicycle and wild-camping before we moved into our own place).

So, is our limit 20 pages for the ENTIRE application? Or only for that one question to prove our relationship is genuine?

Thank you.
As FYI, I submitted 20 pages of photos, collage of 6-8 pics each page (120 pics in total), this was highly recommended by my experienced representative. A chronological story of our relationship from the date we started dating, obviously that includes pics with family, relatives and friends.

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
As FYI, I submitted 20 pages of photos, collage of 6-8 pics each page (120 pics in total), this was highly recommended by my experienced representative. A chronological story of our relationship from the date we started dating, obviously that includes pics with family, relatives and friends.
When did you apply and have you heard back yet? What was your situation that required you to provide a timeline? Was it similar to mine?

m_garcia

Jun 25, 2017
When did you apply and have you heard back yet? What was your situation that required you to provide a timeline? Was it similar to mine?
No similarities. We hired an experienced migration consultant as we are both so busy with work. But we have a 3 years relationship (1 year married) and applied for SA on June 2018. AOR June 25, 2018. SA Mar 2019, AIP on May 30, 2019. We submitted lots of proof of relationship, like bank accounts, statements, life insurance, car & home insurance, family vacation trips, dental insurance, etc. No questions asked, no further request to submit additional info or docs. Just waiting for the landing interview which should arrive sometime soon. Officers are looking for genuine relationships, what a normal couple does since dating, engaged, marriage ceremony, etc.

Last edited:

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
No similarities. We hired an experienced migration consultant as we are both so busy with work. But we have a 3 years relationship (1 year married) and applied for SA on June 2018. AOR June 25, 2018. SA Mar 2019, AIP on May 30, 2019. We submitted lots of proof of relationship, like bank accounts, statements, life insurance, car & home insurance, family vacation trips, dental insurance, etc. No questions asked, no further request to submit additional info or docs. Just waiting for the landing interview which should arrive sometime soon. Officers are looking for genuine relationships, what a normal couple does since dating, engaged, marriage ceremony, etc.
We have no issues proving that our relationship is genuine - thousands of pictures and fb/whatsapp messages, trips together, flight tickets visiting each other, etc (basically almost 2 years of exchanges before we reunited for good in June 2018 which is when we left on our cycling trip). We aren't married and that's what I'm worried about because you must prove that you have lived together for 1 year to qualify for common law. We HAVE lived together for a year but not in the traditional sense. We traveled by bicycle for 3 months before settling down and getting an apartment and we're worried that the proof we have that we were together during that those 3 months isn't convincing enough. We have my flight into Belgium, letters from both our parents that we indeed went on this cycling trip, tons of instagram pictures with the dates they were posted, 2 hotel reservations/receipts, 5 warmshower/couchsurfing reviews that our hosts wrote about us staying with them, and 2 flight tickets out of Naples, Italy (we cycled from Belgium to Italy).

m_garcia

Jun 25, 2017
We have no issues proving that our relationship is genuine - thousands of pictures and fb/whatsapp messages, trips together, flight tickets visiting each other, etc (basically almost 2 years of exchanges before we reunited for good in June 2018 which is when we left on our cycling trip). We aren't married and that's what I'm worried about because you must prove that you have lived together for 1 year to qualify for common law. We HAVE lived together for a year but not in the traditional sense. We traveled by bicycle for 3 months before settling down and getting an apartment and we're worried that the proof we have that we were together during that those 3 months isn't convincing enough. We have my flight into Belgium, letters from both our parents that we indeed went on this cycling trip, tons of instagram pictures with the dates they were posted, 2 hotel reservations/receipts, 5 warmshower/couchsurfing reviews that our hosts wrote about us staying with them, and 2 flight tickets out of Naples, Italy (we cycled from Belgium to Italy).
i see, I'd suggest to consult with an expert as you said you are applying for common law which has different requirements. There are many consultants that can you their opinion in a free 15 mins consultation appointment. It's better to be safe sooner rather than later, so try to get an opinion from an expert.

sms_1190

Feb 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have confusion for putting chat history and logs. how should I do it? As in new forms, they mentioned that if chat is not in English, must submit translated copy from certified translator. Can you please guide me on this. I do have some chats in English. I am going to apply in 1 week, so I will have the latest chat in English. How did you show "Proof of Contact"? Anyone's help will be appreciated. Thanks.

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
I forgot to ask, did you include this timeline and ALL your photos in the "any additional info to prove your relationship is genuine?" question? Or did you include some in the section where it asks for a max of 20 photos and then included even more in that timeline?

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
I have confusion for putting chat history and logs. how should I do it? As in new forms, they mentioned that if chat is not in English, must submit translated copy from certified translator. Can you please guide me on this. I do have some chats in English. I am going to apply in 1 week, so I will have the latest chat in English. How did you show "Proof of Contact"? Anyone's help will be appreciated. Thanks.
Can you add some more detail? Are you applying via common law? Are you married? Conjugal? I would screenshot snippets of relevant conversations throughout your relationship to prove that you've been in contact throughout your entire relationship. We are screenshotting conversations at different times throughout our relationship, handwritten letters that we mailed to each other throughout the relationship, photos of like 3 christmas' and easters in a row where clearly our hair length is different, flight tickets, etc.

sms_1190

Feb 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you add some more detail? Are you applying via common law? Are you married? Conjugal? I would screenshot snippets of relevant conversations throughout your relationship to prove that you've been in contact throughout your entire relationship. We are screenshotting conversations at different times throughout our relationship, handwritten letters that we mailed to each other throughout the relationship, photos of like 3 christmas' and easters in a row where clearly our hair length is different, flight tickets, etc.
Yes I recently got married. I did have Whatsapp Video call snaps during our relationship and I will try to find conversations where we talked about important stuff in English.

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
It says in the application "Provide a maximum of 20 photos taken at different times in your relationship to prove that it is genuine".

However we want to create our own package in the "Is there any additional information you want to include?" with pictures and screenshots showing that indeed we have been living together for a year (to qualify for common-law relationship) even though we didn't have an address (we were traveling for a few months via bicycle and wild-camping before we moved into our own place).

So, is our limit 20 pages for the ENTIRE application? Or only for that one question to prove our relationship is genuine?

Thank you.
Based on my own experience we just put less than 20 photos and no problem our lawyer told us it’s better less than more than 20 photos because this is not the only basis that your relationship is genuine more on the facts and evidence of cohabitation. Good luck

Reactions: Krissh2179